We need a doctor and a person with flying experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a doctor and a person with flying experience

How would you feel if there is an announcement that they need a doctor to come to the cockpit then minutes later another announcement that they need someone with flying experience?

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...ight.ktla.html
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Apprehensive (emoticon showing that sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach with expression of 'Why Lord'?)

...but excited at the prospect that without one iota of flying experience I would have to volunteer my services if there was no person with flying experience to answer the call.

Hey...I sure as hell would prefer to go down fighting!!! In any case, thinking on how to save myself would leave no time for me to give way to fear!!! ...and the new pilot would have both my fullest trust (instead of putting my fate in another ignorant 'instant' pilot's hand and not even one tinnie-winnie real hope that we shall make it).

Talk me down!!! (Gotta fool them on the ground that in the cockpit there is no whiff of fear!)
    Last edited by Karl; January 13, 2014, 11:27 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Pilot and co-pilot out of commission? Maybe what they need is an environmental scientist to find out what's going on there in the cockpit!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Really, Karl?

Tower: "In the upper left of your instrument panel there is an indicator marked ASI. Tell me your speed, Karl."

Karl: "Is this airspeed or speed over ground?"

I'll take my chances with the unconscious pilots!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Really, Karl?

Tower: "In the upper left of your instrument panel there is an indicator marked ASI. Tell me your speed, Karl."

Karl: "Is this airspeed or speed over ground?"

I'll take my chances with the unconscious pilots!
            LOOL!!
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Pilot and co-pilot out of commission? Maybe what they need is an environmental scientist to find out what's going on there in the cockpit!
              The Captain was out, the co-pilot wanted a backup.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Back-up? Didn't know co-pilots were that incompetent!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

does that mean pilots are incompetent? after all they have to fly woth a co-pilot

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Asumption?

...the aircraft was not on the ground!

...and who the hell would I rather trust?
                    'course that is me!

Aside: Not surprised you would go for the unconscious pilots over a conscious person...and certainly not surprised you would have no faith in self!!! ...and that's a fact!!!
                    Last edited by Karl; January 14, 2014, 12:31 PM.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      does that mean pilots are incompetent? after all they have to fly woth a co-pilot
                      Mosiah is worse than the nurse who asked the co-pilot, 'You do know how to land the plane, right?' Mosiah, co-pilot is a fully qualified pilot and most crew share the load of a two leg trip by allowing the captain to fly one leg and the co-pilot to fly the other leg.

Comment

Huh?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Huh?!
                          What did you believe that the co-pilot was incompetent?

Comment

You said the co-pilot needed backup. Always thought they were capable of flying the plane by themselves!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                            X