RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Ten Richest Jamaican Dancehall & Reggae Music...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten Richest Jamaican Dancehall & Reggae Music...

According to TheRichest.com, this is a list of the top ten richest Jamaican entertainers.

Top Ten Richest Jamaican Dancehall & Reggae Music Entertainers
    1) Bob Marley, the musical legend, even in death supersedes all others. If he were alive it is estimated that he would be worth a whopping $130 million.

2) Shaggy is known worldwide as he made his debut more than a decade ago. His album ‘Hot Shot’ sold platinum in the United States and is estimated to have sold about 20 million copies. Shaggy’s net worth is $22 million.

3) Jimmy Cliff, his movie ‘The Harder They Come’, made huge waves, spreading the message of Rastafarianism and the Reggae Movement worldwide. Cliff was inducted into the Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame in 2010. He is worth $18 million.

4) Sean Paul is among the most successful Caribbean artistes. His album ‘Dutty Rock’ sold more than six million copies and earned him a Grammy. He also has several collaborations with international stars such as Beyonce. He is worth approximately $11 million.

5) Ziggy Marley, another son of musical legend Bob Marley has been steering the Tuff Gong Label, which was founded by his father. Ziggy has earned three Grammy Awards and is worth $10 million.

6 )Damian Marley, one of the most successful sons of Bob Marley has gained international recognition, earning three Grammy Awards to date. His albums have gone gold in the United States and he continues to rise. He is worth $6 million.

7) Maxi Priest has released nine albums in the last three decades; his music has infiltrated top charts in the United States and United Kingdom. His net worth is $4.6 million.

8) Buju Banton, the embattled Buju Banton is currently serving time in an American prison, however this veteran entertainer played an important role taking dancehall music worldwide. He is worth approximately $4 million.

9) Beenie Man since the release of ‘Zim Zimma’ back in 2007, Beenie has grown into a full-fledged artiste, he is said to be worth about $3.7 million.

10) Bounty Killer –The ‘Grung Gad’, who has influenced numerous other artistes, such as incarcerated entertainer Vybz Kartel is said to be worth an estimated US$3 million.

Top Ten Richest Jamaican Dancehall & Reggae Music Entertainers

Full Article: Top Ten Richest Jamaican Dancehall & Reggae Music Entertainers – Hype Life Magazine http://hypelifemagazine.com/lifestyl...#ixzz2q1IEObsY
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

This list is firstly very old...and second it is incorrect...Bounty is lucky if he has J$3 million much less US...his mansion was foreclosed on by Scotia and his Range & Land Cruiser seized by the tax authorities...

Comment

Them man yah only a talk.

Look at a artist like Beres Hammond, having constant hits and constantly touring at very decent prices and fulling stadium.

How many of these artist make more money than Burning Spear with a god like following.

If Sly and Robbie collect 1/3 of their royalities then they maybe second to only Bob Marley.

Shabba maybe richer than nuff a these DJs, who knows.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

...good comments Assasin.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Buju's crew solicited donations for his criminal defense, and based on other facts that I am aware of, his worth is significantly less than $4M. This list is a work of fiction. The problem with a lot of these sites is that they constantly make up stuff without providing the source of their data.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The list is obviously based on some flawed estimate of career earnings, which is much different from wealth.

I think Shaggy is probably #2 though. Even before Hot Shot he was fairly comfortable. Plus he seems to have have financial sense, a rare quality among entertainers.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

How come LA Lewis nuh mek di top 10?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

With all his commercial ventures, he falls at #2.37586 on the list.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Look at a artist like Beres Hammond, having constant hits and constantly touring at very decent prices and fulling stadium.

How many of these artist make more money than Burning Spear with a god like following.

If Sly and Robbie collect 1/3 of their royalities then they maybe second to only Bob Marley.

You would need data to back up these assumptions of yours
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

If you know anything about Jamaican music then you will realize that Sly and Robbie is the most recorded musicians in history playing on numerous hits from Maddona, Britney Spears, Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Gwen Godfrey, Tom Tom Club, Herbie Hankock, Rolling Stones, No Doubt just to name a few and not to mention the countless Reggae hits. Royalties alone would put them up top plus they still work as they are demanded in the studio and do tours. Still getting Grammy nomination.

Berres Hammond is on tour for approximately 250-300 days a year and if you count the concert and put the money he charge which is above the 15000 USD a concert which he charged in 1995, you will see and he his doing well.

Burning Spear may even tour more than Berres and can command more, others are constantly on tour and may have hit record in other places, while others like Triston Palmer, Freddie Mcgregor, Junior Reid etc. also don their producer hat which make them in demand and people like Barrington Levi, Junior Reid are been sampled and appear on hip hop records which should give them some royalties.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

To de point,caan dis de rasta man...
                      Just the undisclosed money Damian Dash(with much persuasion lol)gave Sizzla would make that artist way up on the list.

Comment

Do doubt Shaggy is doing well but I would still debate if Sly and Robbie is richer than him. Look at the hits they played on. Can you imagine if they got royalties from "Rock it" by Herbie Hancock, "Genius of Love" Tom Tom Club
                        "Ain't Nothing going on but the rent" Gwen Godfrey, plus their reggae hits like which the produced like "Murder she wrote" "Anthem" by Black Uhuru and nearly all a Dennis Brown and Gregory big hits to in the 80s, not to mention Ini kamose and Tamlins.

Comment

Your anecdotes are interesting but unfortunately fall far short of the data-driven analysis which (rational) persons can depend upon to shed light on the issue
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Eediat list. Gaza richer dan di whole a dem!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good Points

Good Points, ‘Sass.

I fully agree with the comments made by you and Islandman. Also, I suspect that Islandman is correct in his comment about Shaggy.

I also agree with what Bricktop said in his post. Many reggae/ dancehall artists like Bounty and Elephant Man often display the characteristics and attitudes toward wealth shown by many African Americans rap/hip hop artists and sportsmen.

I just want to add that, in the case of Sly and Robbie, they did not always work together as a duo on foreign recordings. For example, I am willing to bet my last dollar that Robbie was NOT the bass player on Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warne’s movie soundtrack recording, “Love Lift Us Up.” Sly was the drummer, and that is a fact, but whoever played the bass guitar is a more sophisticated player than Robbie. I copied the bass playing many years ago, and the subtle nuances of the bass player is a delight. (For those who wonder what I’m talking about, listen carefully to the style used in the bass playing throughout that song.)

I never checked out the bass credit for Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun,” but I know that the drummer on that mammoth hit is Sly Dunbar.

Finally, it is obvious that one has to be a man to really make it in the very sexist world of reggae and dancehall.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

Last edited by Historian; January 10, 2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X