RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Ten Richest Jamaican Dancehall & Reggae Music...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, I guess it depends on the nature of the work. Was most of it royalty based or were they contracted studio musicians.

For all these artistes we can only try to estimate their earnings though, wealth/richness is much more tricky. Who to tell how much of that money gets blown.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Good point about Robbie not on all of the hits. However he is still on many of them. Again one can't be sure of the deal they made but if they made good deals, no doubt they could be closer to the top. Plus co producing No Doubt big Albums

The revenue made on tours is much more than the recording by most dancehall artist and dub plates.
      Last edited by Assasin; January 10, 2014, 04:25 PM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Also, just because a musician worked on a tune, it does not necessarily mean he/she receives royalties. Many work for only a fee. In order to receive license fees, your works must be published by BMI for example, who collects fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties. Coxsone Dodd is the only person who receives royalties from Studio One via Jamrec music publishing. Aston Family Man Barrett the creator of the Wailer's baseline has got nothing in royalties from the Marley estate.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X