X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murders in St Elizabeth: four brutally killed

Murders in St Elizabeth: four brutally killed

Thursday, January 09, 2014

ST ELIZABETH, Jamaica – The St Elizabeth police are investigating the murder of four young men including two 15-year-old school boys in two separate incidents late Wednesday.

Names of the two adults were not available early Thursday but the teens have been identified as Desrick Williams, a student of Balaclava High School, and Ashnell Coke of Maggotty High School.

Police say in one incident two men originating in the Lacovia area were driving a minibus in the Elderslie area of northern St Elizabeth shortly after 9:00pm when their path was blocked by a log placed across the road.

Armed men on the side of the road then fired on the stalled bus and set it alight. Both men aboard the minibus, said to be the driver and conductor, died.

In the second incident, the two teenagers left home at Thornton at about 4:00 pm to trap shrimp in nearby streams.*

When they did not return home, their parents reported them missing at the Siloah Police Station. The bodies of the boys were found sometime after 1:00 am early Thursday morning with chop wounds to the head.

Education Minister Ronnie Thwaites was due to visit the two schools early Thursday.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Wow. The minibus one sounds very planned, like they knew exactly when they would be passing by.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

So, even in a gun-free society, how do we prevent other acts of madness by our people?! If is not gun, is machete, or knife, or rock stone, or acid, or something!

What is wrong with us? What could these schoolboys have done to deserve this?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maybe the victims were random.It is a tactic that was used on the boulevard between D Park and Spain Town.The motive was robbing motorists.

Comment

Maybe but if it was really random, bwoy that is even more chilling for somewhere like St Bess.

Setting the bus alight instead of stealing it sounds more like a hit to me though.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The driver could have hit the reverse and they shot him,if it was in fact a robbery then at some point they must have entered hence getting rid of evidence linking them...
            I could be wrong but the killing of the students is harder to explain,there is no foreseeable explanation.

Comment

The myth of a "gun free" Jamaica, cho yuh acting like Karl now! If someone has a gun, you better shoot him before he kills you. We are a very violent people, and it is trickle down effect. Someone need fi ask Deacon Thwaites about political gun men in Central Kingston, does he know of any?
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

It's being said on Facebook that they, the men in the minibus, were involved in the lotto scam.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Have been saying long before Karl, actually. We differ in its implementation.

But I will always promote a gun-free society. Other countries basically have it. Why can't we?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You are VERY naive to believe we can have a gun free society. Let me know when you have met Alice in Wonderland.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I not only met Alice, I met her friend, Aaliyah. We shared blunts, spoke to Cheshire cats and the Jabberwocky.

Nobody cyaan tell me Lewis Carroll wasn't a weed head!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        So, even in a gun-free society, how do we prevent other acts of madness by our people?! If is not gun, is machete, or knife, or rock stone, or acid, or something!

What is wrong with us? What could these schoolboys have done to deserve this?!?!
                        I maintain that MOST of "OUR" problems are self-inflicted../.

I sometimes think "OTHERS" must look at "US" and think...'what a fuuuuking set of indisciplined idiots...they have such a lovely country........................................... ........"
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

LOL...
                          Peter R

Comment

Working...
                          X