RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unemployed Black Woman Pretends to be White, Job Offers ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So African immigrants should change their names? BTW they are one of the bright spots in the black american experience at the moment,they aspire into Jewish professions like MDs,Lawyers,and Real Estate.

Havent met one who thought about changing their names.

Kissteeeeeeeettthhh......its 2014.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ursula is a black name?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...can't recall hearing that name before. Sounds like one of those names. No?

BTW: She made it though....'dry-edd' and all!!
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I don't understand. You agree that black people should give their children biblical names to get ahead?

Let us say a Caribbean black person has an Anglicised name which helps them get past the resume phase with the racist recruiter.

Then comes the phone call....do they twang and suppress their accent to get past the second phase?

Then comes the face-to-face interview.....what now?

I don't think that is a practical approach. How about the black community working to put more and more qualified young black people out there until they cannot be ignored?

I don't think racist recruiters are too excited about employing people named Krishna and Singh either but guess what, if the whole a the engineer dem have those names there really is not much choice.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

People should demand more from the Govt,far more stings,more hefty fines..etc.

Comment

Nigerians do just that ,as do West indians,Island! 1st,2nd and 3 rd generations with African names.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Exactly!

Can't believe people want us to deny our very selves!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!!!

Sell out of the highest order!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I can't believe what I am hearing, I-Man. We should deny our blackness to get ahead.

Really?!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ursula is as white as they come. It is actually a Russian name.

So, let me understand what is going on here - if the name is unfamiliar and belongs to a black person then maybe it is one of those La'Shonda names??!

Xerox has always been a little more progressive than other companies. If I am not mistaken, I think they had another black female CEO before this one.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Did some research and Ursula is indeed the first.

I think I was mistaken because she was being touted for the position for a very long time.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ursula andress look it up. Ursula is Greek I believe

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Ursula Andress the first Bond Girl, Dr. No, filmed in Jamaica! Swiss/American.

Comment

Still the scrabble grab-bag name dem dont help the cause.

Comment

Swiss, Greek or Russian, what is clear is it's a "white name". And I don't have a problem with a black person having such a name. My preference would be for us to have some identity just as how every other people can be identified by their names.

Don't care for the African American names, however, as they have no history other than it sounds like crap!

But is that any worse than people naming their kids Sky, Rain, North, Hortical, Blue Ivey and the rest of it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Speaking of Jews. Did you know that at one point jews could not get work on wall st. (even though educated)? This was true also for Italians.

It is a fact that many Jews changed their last names to Brown etc (a more wasp like tone) to get ahead. Do the research; even huge investment houses.

Comment

Working...
                                X