X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First jamaican in Space

Dantè Djokovic soars to new heights

Friday, January 03, 2014 | 3:08 PM 4 Comments

Dantè Djokovic at Apollo Astronaut Space Academy (AASA) in Orlando, Florida.

.remove_caption{ display:none; }

KINGSTON, Jamaica – Under a month ago, 25-year-old legal clerk Dantè Djokovic had never left the island. He now holds the title of Jamaica’s first "astronaut".
    Kingston-born Djokovic was selected to represent Jamaica in the three-day Apollo Astronaut Space Academy (AASA) in Orlando, Florida. He was one of 100 Facebook winners representing over 60 countries across the world.
    He recently returned from a successful stint.
    Reflecting on his space camp experience, Djokovic said: “Visiting NASA and seeing the entrance of the Kennedy Space Centre for the first time blew my mind. Walking through the hangar, seeing them fit rockets and shuttles together… watching the launch of a satellite light up the evening sky felt so unreal. It was like starring in 'Men in Black' or 'Transformers',” he said.
    The highlight was naturally participating in the training. Extraordinary feats like flying a combat plane, experiencing weightlessness while having 3-4 level of G-force exerted on his body, soaring upside-down over the clouds at 140 knots ( 259.28 KPH) … the stuff of well-executed science fiction is now something he can cross off his bucket list.
    “I never saw this as an individual thing. I was really hoping for a chance to go into space and literally take my country to new heights and inspire others to do the same. I’m now looking to Tessanne Chin, NBC’s The Voice winner, as she blazes a new trail for us,” he said.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
    Dantè Djokovic soars to new heights

Friday, January 03, 2014 | 3:08 PM 4 Comments

Dantè Djokovic at Apollo Astronaut Space Academy (AASA) in Orlando, Florida.

.remove_caption{ display:none; }

KINGSTON, Jamaica – Under a month ago, 25-year-old legal clerk Dantè Djokovic had never left the island. He now holds the title of Jamaica’s first "astronaut".
    Kingston-born Djokovic was selected to represent Jamaica in the three-day Apollo Astronaut Space Academy (AASA) in Orlando, Florida. He was one of 100 Facebook winners representing over 60 countries across the world.
    He recently returned from a successful stint.
    Reflecting on his space camp experience, Djokovic said: “Visiting NASA and seeing the entrance of the Kennedy Space Centre for the first time blew my mind. Walking through the hangar, seeing them fit rockets and shuttles together… watching the launch of a satellite light up the evening sky felt so unreal. It was like starring in 'Men in Black' or 'Transformers',” he said.
    The highlight was naturally participating in the training. Extraordinary feats like flying a combat plane, experiencing weightlessness while having 3-4 level of G-force exerted on his body, soaring upside-down over the clouds at 140 knots ( 259.28 KPH) … the stuff of well-executed science fiction is now something he can cross off his bucket list.
    “I never saw this as an individual thing. I was really hoping for a chance to go into space and literally take my country to new heights and inspire others to do the same. I’m now looking to Tessanne Chin, NBC’s The Voice winner, as she blazes a new trail for us,” he said.
    NASA?? ... hmmmmmmm
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

djokovic?

anyway bedward was the first jamaican in outer space.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not so fast, him nuh go to space as yet. He is at the Apollo Astronaut Space Academy.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

lol
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Djokovic? Shouldn't he be playing tennis??
            Peter R

Comment

I'm thinking this is some sort of a djok. No?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X