Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Another Shady Pines moment?
    Yuh really tink a nuh sintin fi mek wi luk faar-wad wid optimism?
    Aaaah bwoy wah or ow yuh-a tink
    Last edited by Karl; January 2, 2014, 06:53 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Now I Definitely Agree With This!

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Point is, and we should be proud of it, Jamaica's influence on the global stage, in a wide array of subjects, is looge!
      Now this one I cannot dispute. Jamaica’s global influence is indeed very large!

For a tiny dot on the map with a small population, Jamaica has indeed punched way above its weight in terms of global influence in music (ska, reggae and dancehall), culture (food, Rastafarianism, dialect and colloquialism, etc.), and in the sporting disciplines of netball, cricket and track and field (the sprints).

We also have beautiful women (three Miss World Beauty Contest winners and several highly placed contestants in both this and the Miss Universe competitions is quite an achievement, and something that should not be taken lightly).

There is no question in my mind that no country of comparable size (and even with much larger populations) has impacted the world anywhere near as much as Jamaica has.

These are not merely random or idle opinions; the facts support them.

Comment

Jamaica punches above its weight

I wonder why he left out the impact Marcus Mosiah Garvey had and is still having?

I am thinking if any Jamaican should be mentioned by name, top of the list would be Marcus Mosiah Garvey? His works shook all the imperial powers and it would not be a stretch to claim that which gave many new nations 'life'!!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Nope, Bob Marley who almost singlehandedly chant dung Babylon!

Comment

No doubt Bob is one of our heavyweights!

Comment

Working...
            X