• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Saw Sorry for Nastiness

Saw says sorry
    BY RICHARD JOHNSON Senior staff reporter johnsonr@jamaicaobserver.com
    Wednesday, January 01, 2014

AMONG the talking points of Sting 2013 was the clash between female deejays Lady Saw and Macka Diamond.
    But at least one party is not pleased with her 'performance'

Lady Saw, who was declared winner of the clash, is today apologising for her behaviour on stage, calling it demeaning and degrading to women.
    "There are a lot of people rejoicing for me out there after the clash at Sting, but there is really nothing to rejoice about," she said in a telephone interview with the Jamaica Observer.
    "I am not happy about my performance and behaviour. I have stayed away from such clashes over the years, and always said I would never clash with another female artiste as I find it degrading to women and so I have always avoided a clash," a penitent-sounding Lady Saw continued.
    However, the deejay who is still riding a wave of popularity with her track Heels On, revealed that despite her remorse, she was provoked into the raucous performance she gave on the night in question.
    "I was provoked. An alliance has been formed against me by some other female artistes and all they do is take jabs at me, make up stories... I could not take it anymore. I was just very angry about all these years of them accusing me of trying to bring down other females in the business and I just exploded. I apologise to my fans in Jamaica and all over the world for a performance which was degrading to both of us as women," said Lady Saw.
    According to the deejay, upon reflecting on the performance, she prayed and realised that she had "failed miserably" at the test which she said was put before her. However, she maintains that it was perhaps something which had to be done in order to silence her detractors.
    "They tried to draw me down in the mud and I had to just put on my water boot and show them that I can do this too... I just had to prove the point that I can be classy today, and be a hood rat tomorrow... I am not proud about it, but I could not hold it anymore," she declared.
    During the clash of the female deejays at Sting, both artistes descended into a heated and personal exchange. At the end of the 'battle', Lady Saw was declared winner by the massive audience.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Foolishness! Why should she apologize? she is an entertainer and ppl were entertained. it is sting, not Sunday school.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

She is confused, last year she claimed she became a Christian, & also had a falling out with her long time partner John John who impregnated another woman.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Peter R

Comment

Kudos to Lady Saw!

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Foolishness! Why should she apologize? she is an entertainer and ppl were entertained. it is sting, not Sunday school.
          Morals and principles should not be found only in Sunday schools; they should be values that are inherent in every decent human being.

I’ve said it before: there are not many other countries in the region where the level of degradation at Sting would be allowed year after year! This show, by its very existence, is a slap in the face of decency in Jamaica, but at the same time is a mirror reflection of what our once great country has become. Sometimes I feel like weeping for my country.

What Lady Saw has just demonstrated is that she still has some decorum and civility in her.

Comment

Is full time them stop the fake outrage and fake apologies. Sting had a bumper crowd and the sponsors know that the event is a major revenue generator for people in Jamaica. That is why they ignored the rest.

Saw knew very well how she was going to carry one because that is exactly how she has been carrying on the whole year about Macka, Spice and Tifa.

Sting is a hardcore show that is strictly adult entertainment. Those who do not like it and see it as too vulgar, simply should not attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
              Morals and principles should not be found only in Sunday schools; they should be values that are inherent in every decent human being.

I’ve said it before: there are not many other countries in the region where the level of degradation at Sting would be allowed year after year! This show, by its very existence, is a slap in the face of decency in Jamaica, but at the same time is a mirror reflection of what our once great country has become. Sometimes I feel like weeping for my country.

What Lady Saw has just demonstrated is that she still has some decorum and civility in her.

Slap in the face of which decency? A Jamaica we a talk bout, we have a PM and top gov't ministers accused of accepting a bribe and this is what ppl have issue with? We ALL know what sting is about the decency argument don't hold water. The issue should be how many people were able to make an income because of STING.

Lady Saw had NOTHING to apologize for! Various artistes were throwing words at her all year ... well ... how many a dem ago run off dem mouth now?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Me see now them a ban Sizzla and D'Angel. LOL.

"We are banning D'Angel as a patron also. We don't want your money D'Angel. Stay home. Watch the event on pay-per-view," Laing told The Gleaner.
                WTF? As a patron? So them going to have people on the lookout at the gates to see if she is in disguise? Look like Laing getting some heat from some quarters.

Sizzla well he is just an idiot.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"Top gov't ministers accused of accepting a bribe and this is what ppl have issue with", yuh seeit. If ah did di odah side dat happen to di whole a jamaica wouldah broke dung. A peer silent night pan it or mi miss di uproar. Ah dat ah wi problem partiality an bias mek wi kyaan call a spade. It said fi true.

Comment

One clownish individual was promoting a Sizzla concert a month ago, and everyone knew he can not travel to the USA. A day before the concert the promoter announced that due to visa problems, the show is "rescheduled" to February 2014. Sizzla's career in the USA & UK is over.

Comment

cahnaval just around di cohna....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        cahnaval just around di cohna....
                        Historian nuh start complain bout decency yet. I marching wid smile on my face as my tune will be, "Ain't nothing wrong wid a strangah, wining on a strangah!"

Comment

If anyone is going to be honest about such things he or she would acknowledge that both parties have been less than honourable. One yuh start with the partial accusation...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Laing take Joe Bogdonavich money and because Joe is white, the tourist board and a whole bunch of others jump on board, knowing fully well what Sting is all about. When the passa passa occurr, which they all knew was coming, they have to act like they were shocked at the outcome. They give certain acts a break for a year or two and then bring them back in again.

Can somebody tell me what they expected D'Angel to go up on stage and do? She is not a particularly talented vocalist and is known for talking about her underneath. Was she any worse than Macka Diamond or Lady Saw?

Next thing we are going to hear that they didn't expect Rhyno and Kiprich to class each other with lyrics that is degrading to a particular orientation.

All politics at play....
                            Last edited by Me; January 2, 2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

if d'angel voice has a nasal quality then maybe she can enter the Voice?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X