• Tessanne getting some serious plugs

ahead of her Rose Parade appearance!

Stay tuned on NBC!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Re: Tessanne

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    ahead of her Rose Parade appearance!

Stay tuned on NBC!
    I’m firmly in Tessanne’s corner and keeping my fingers crossed that she becomes a huge mainstream success. That should go some way to overcome my lingering disappointment over the failure of Diana King’s career to take off, as it once showed promise of doing.

As in the case of Tessanne, Diana is, by any standards, an outstanding singer with superstar credentials. Unfortunately, that early promise wasn’t fulfilled.

Comment

A few years ago I was introduced to Tanya Stevens by some on this forum. I bought her popular then CD. It was a gangster contents in lyrics (not my cuppa tea) but i listened to it several times.

Stevens has a fantastic voice!!

I commented that Tanya Stevens should widen her musical base by adding jazz to her repertoire. She has in my opinion , the type of vocal that could transcend the reggae only genre. When i posted this suggestion--it was much to the disghust of a few on this forum.

What a waste of a talented voice IMO.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

And after all of that dem flop har ting!

Cho bobom lacta!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

She can play with words very well. Tanya is a Rebel. I don't like everything she does but she is never one that stick with a script
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What I don't understand is why we think she needs to do a more acceptable genre such as jazz?! How is she wasting her talent because she sticks to what she feels comfortable with?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you sure a nuh dis why HL nuh like her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UHM9IO2vB4

LOL
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The Answer is Simple

What I don't understand is why we think she needs to do a more acceptable genre such as jazz?! How is she wasting her talent because she sticks to what she feels comfortable with?
                Simple: Jazz provides much greater scope for a singer’s vocal abilities. That is exactly the reason why so many gifted musicians (including some of Jamaica’s all-time best) end up playing jazz regularly. Partially because of the demands on the singer and musician (greater technical and improvisational requirements than any other genre save for classical music), jazz provides a welcome avenue for vocalists and musicians who have reached a certain level of development.

In that case, reggae, with its simplistic melodies and harmony, sits at the opposite end of the spectrum from jazz. Like hip hop and the blues, reggae generally places no high technical demands on its practitioners.

Comment

I think she is a good writer. Seems to be one of the more sensible entertainers as well.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

And if she's happy with reggae's simplicity...?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why put her in a box? I want her to do commercially contemporary music. I hope that she gains a strong enough foothold in the American market so that she can throw in a few Reggae and break the glass ceiling for other Jamaican female reggae singers like her sister and the many others out there. Rihanna has a multitude of hit songs in her short career, that she can stop recording today and still sell out stadia in future years. That's what I want for my Tessanne.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

And if she's happy with reggae's simplicity...?
                        ...then she should be happy with the market share of her industry. As a business person, she won't make much (or any) money.

The piece that Assasin posted as example, is like a big mac (or whopper with cheese); calorie dense--but lacks nutritional value.

HL

Comment

Hey Jangle, this is the most impressive post you have made ALL YEAR!!

HL

Comment

...WTF??? So w'sppen to all my EXCELLENT Mansh!tty posts??? Speaking about your sh!tty side, gimme Dzeko nuh?
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You Are Correct!

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              Why put her in a box? I want her to do commercially contemporary music. I hope that she gains a strong enough foothold in the American market so that she can throw in a few Reggae and break the glass ceiling for other Jamaican female reggae singers like her sister and the many others out there. Rihanna has a multitude of hit songs in her short career, that she can stop recording today and still sell out stadia in future years. That's what I want for my Tessanne.
                              Hey Jangle, you are absolutely correct.

I wasn’t speaking of our girl Tessanne Chin; I was responding to a query Mo made about Tanya Stephens. (Mo’s query was in response to a view expressed by HL.)

Comment

Working...
                              X