No announcement yet.

British PM Decendants got huge payout from slavery abolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they don't let her go because I like her.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Me too. Lapse in judgement I guess.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Thanks!

All the best to you too, Hortical!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Reading Thistlewood is an education in itself of what went on from one man's point of view and what a view, very unusual. One of the things I found very interesting was the degree of fluidity in movement across and between estates, the fact that Thistlewoods main woman was someone else's slave and she also was very enterprising to the point where she would lend Thistlewood money and he kept good detail on paying her back. The relationship detail was not as static as many of s think it was, lots of detail as well on Cudjoe and the Maroons passing through the estate and interaction with Thistlewood. Lots of detail on the 1760 Tacky inspired rebellion that spread into Westmoreland and which no one ever talks about but is one of the great rebellion stories in Jamaican history. Thistlewood is a must read for any body seriously interested in understanding Jamaican history.

Comment

Working...
          X