X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At ~37/100K Bahamas' murder rate rivals Jamaica's

Jamaican woman stabbed to death in The Bahamas
    7:57 am, Tue December 24, 2013

A Jamaican woman stabbed to death in her home was one of two persons killed in separate incidents in the Bahamas on the weekend.

This increased the country's murder count to 107 for the year so far.

The murdered Jamaican has been identified as Tamara Matthews of a St. Catherine address.

According to reports, sometime around 4.40 Sunday morning Miss Matthews' roommate went to her upstairs apartment on West Bay Street. After opening the door, she noticed blood marks that led to a bedroom. She later discovered Miss Matthews lying face up in a pool of blood with what appeared to be wounds to her head.

The murders come several days after Prime Minister Perry Christie said his government was developing a strategy that will add more manpower and new levels of resources in the fight against crime.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

They have had a fairly high crime rate for a while, but they appear to a good job of keeping it quiet.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

People get vex when we sey violence is one of our exports.

Comment

in that report i noted that the victim was jamaican, the perpetrators were jamaican too? also the crime rate has linked to jamaicans as well?

BAH was once linked as a drug transshipment point from south america to the us and that eventually brings with it guns and violence ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Went there once and my family member purposely asked the driver what happened to bar that got locked town and the man say something about regulations knowing full well is because they killed a man by the par. Them product is tourism and they protect it. Either under report or blame foreigners.

Comment

I would rejoice if our murder rate was comparable to Bahamas.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
              I would rejoice if our murder rate was comparable to Bahamas.
              Strange

That means you would rejoice at Jamaica having ~1000 murders/year

You may want to hold that champagne

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Jamaica's murder rate is 1.5 times higher than Bahamas. Please pull up the numbers and correct me if I am in error. -thanks
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Bahamas pop. ~315K ... murders around 115 this year = ~37/100K

Jamaica pop ~2.8M... murders around 1200 this year = ~43/100K

So if Jamaica had the Bahamas' rate murder our tally would be 37 x 28 = 1036

Comment

So Hortical....

Jamaica's murder rate is 1.5 times higher than Bahamas. Please pull up the numbers and correct me if I am in error. -thanks
                    You asked for the info...is it satisfactory?

Comment

Ok, and we have become numb to crime. For some reason I though theirs was much lower.

Comment

Ok, and we have become numb to crime. For some reason I though theirs was much lower.
                        I suppose it once was...also ours was almost 50% higher than today's rate a few years ago

Comment

Nassua is MUCH more dangerous for farriners than Kingston is, MUCH.
                          Rape is rife there too, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                          X