X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreading Good News thru the Gospel of Robotics

Yearend Innovation in Education Review

Mentoring Ardenne HS & their future Robotics Program

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Captivating Mona Primary's upcoming engineers @ their Boys Day

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@

These aint your Daddy's Labs of yore... Welcome to Century 21.. Yard Style..woooiiee

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++

Jamaica's Prize-Winning Bot at World Robotics Championship

Last edited by Don1; December 29, 2013, 03:23 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

I am recommending this....

http://www.mathworks.com/

http://global.wonderware.com/EN/pages/default.aspx

http://www.solidworks.com/
    Last edited by World Fan; December 29, 2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation.... I recall you pushing that solution before... are you a rep who can donate the software for educational purposes??

Our tech solution supply chain is locked into Siemens SolidEdge CAD/CAM/CAE, Robot C and Lego Mindstorm tools ... no revisions are indicated at this time... but make me an offer

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
        Thanks for the recommendation.... however our tech solution supply chain is locked into Siemens SolidEdge CAD/CAM/CAE, Robot C and Lego Mindstorm tools ... no revisions are indicated at this time
        http://www.solidworks.com/

Comment

That is a popular PLM solution I'm aware of... what's your angle here?? Bringing me up to speed??

Comment

SolidWorks is not a PLM (as in Product Life Management) tool. It is a design, simulation and analysis tool similar to SolidEdge.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

All those tools are part of a PLM set.... taking a product from concept, initial design, to build, test. deployment, operations, maintenance & repair then disposal...AKA a product lifecycle
              Last edited by Don1; December 29, 2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

More advanced than Solid Edge.

Giver the students some options like CATIA - way more advanced than Solid Edge. Can be integrated with some other programs.

Comment

make a donation of the software so it can be evaluated vs what is currently deployed... i'll put a team on it

Comment

You are describing product life cycle to me, but I see you still do not get the gist. SolidWorks might find itself a part of the process, but it is not a PLM solution. Do some more reading Don1.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I don't merely read...I implement

SolidEdge is a part of the Siemens PLM toolkit and their main rival is Dassault's SolidWorks, also part of a PLM solution... that's without question

The industry sector that those solutions fall under is PLM... surely you're aware?
                      Last edited by Don1; December 29, 2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I maintain, I see you read a lot. Ah nuh nutten doh.

Keep on keeping on brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                          I maintain, I see you read a lot. Ah nuh nutten doh.

Keep on keeping on brother.
                          What you see here is not mere reading or yappin for their own sake...it's successful project implementation which can change students' lives

Surely you're aware??

Comment

CATIA is way too expensive for what they are doing. A seat of CATIA could run $30K, while SolidEdge/SolidWorks or Pro E Wildfire would be about $6K. I am talking about the design, simulation and analysis tools here and not PLM that Don1 is talking about.

I think SolidWorks or SolidEdge would have all they would need and would not have a steep a learning curve as CATIA.

Comment

Don1, I know you have a need to win these discussions. I will therefore stop here. Gwaan thru boss!!

Comment

Working...
                              X