Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok boss
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Tilla just as how the computers have handshake in TCP IP; the jets have a friend or foe hail. Now if your jet can't relay friend oops.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        Sorry, I guess I missed the dog fight in your argument. Dogfight is close combat in which case one fighter can or should be able to visually see the other. In those situations, then they more likely will rely on visual along with visual enhancements to give them an advantage. So things like say 360° vision (helped by cameras) and heads up display would keep the pilot informed on where the enemy is located at any point in time is what I would expect to see. I am of the opinion that the older day visual fight will not be on the table as modern day pilots would be at too much an advantage with what is available today.

I also think that the pilots will (if they don't already) have means of helping each other determine who is friend and who is foe.
        The Vietnam missile dog fights were fought in the visual range. Pilots were under strict orders not to fire until visual identification was made. The end result was the good old dog fights which the Americans had forgotten how to execute. All the technology that you mentioned currently exist but the only ones that are going to help with the inevitable dog fight when electronic detection has failed are the camera and the radio calls from friendly pilots.

The new Russian Sukhoi T-50 is designed to clear the skies of AWACS and other support planes at distance way outside of the range of the F-35 and F-22 missile range. Once the skies are clear the T-50 will close in to take on the F-35 and the F-22. It will be dog fighting all over again because they cannot find each other using electronics.

There are many pilots who believe that dog fighting days are over however USAF and the USN are still teaching dog fighting classes at Tog Gun and Red Flag school as post graduation skills.
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Very good insights..

You definitely have a grasp of basic fundamentals of aerial combat and a handle on recent developments in fifth gen fighter aircraft

I may assign you to tutor Ben & Jerrry...sarry ..... Jawge in Aeronautics 101.... do you have a few years to spare?

When I'm on a computer and not a mobile I'll send you some technical sources I've found useful over the years in studying aerospace issues
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
          X