Islandman, do you think.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islandman, do you think.....

..the stock-market will continue to be bullish into the new year--or do you think it will do some form of correction?

Thanks in advance
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Which stocks will be a winner in 2014?
    -thanks
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

One of the best lessons I have learnt about the stock market it is this:

Nobody knows nothin' - Jack Bogle, Founder of Vanguard
      That said, I do believe the run up over the last 6 months or so has been overdone but the Fed has been greasing the wheel with lots of cash so I guess it had to go somewhere. Since I am for the most part a long term investor, my strategy for the last few months has been to hold what I already have but not buy any new stocks.

Longer term, I think the large multinationals will continue to make ridiculous amounts of profits all over the globe so I will stick with large cap growth funds. I am mostly a buy-and-hold type of investor and it has served me well these past few years.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"nobody knows nothing".

Never heard that quote--but was fully aware of this truth long time ago as far as stocks are concerned. That's why i trust myself over the "experts".

There are always some good buys irrespective of the market.

Hortical 3 winners in 2014 IMO are: CBI; CSX; UPS
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It seems like we have a good 2014 coming. I will hold on to the little I have but hope I can save a little over the next year or two and wait on the "next big one" as Sanford would say.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The prospects for the global economy look encouraging overall.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
            X