Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'man and Mo....

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Historian but you are only looking on it from the perspective of the migrant workers.

Trinidad businesses do sell a lot of products in Jamaica. If that was cut off from them there would be an economic impact.
    I’man, you probably inadvertently overlooked a part of what I was saying. The whole market aspect is the only reason why I brought Haiti’s population size into the picture in my previous posts here.

Mo, I understand you, boss, and your statement is logical. However, Digicel, for example, has apparently succeeded big time inside of Haiti. Regarding both economies, it’s not as if Jamaica’s market is very much more affluent than Haiti’s (in both Haiti and Jamaica, for example, remittances play a crucial role and, also, migrant labour plays a central role in maintaining socio-economic stability).

I strongly believe that Trinidad, with strategic concentration on Haiti, could definitely make up for any loss in Jamaica.

Comment

there is a big difference between Jamaican and Haitian market. Trinidad has already penetrated Jamaican market. I assure you if we Boycott Trinidad it will take a hit in GDP, and unemployment, company profits and create some anxiety in the economy.

Until they can penetrate other markets outside of the Caribbean, our market is very important to Trinidad.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"Nothing but laziness." On whose part?

Comment

"Makes more sense to negotiate a better deal. The question that needs to be asked is why that is not happening." The question should be to set the climate for many of us on this site to be investors, nuh suh?

Comment

He is simply making up his own fantasy scenario for Haiti replacing US $700 million of Trinidad's economy, so that it fits into his original point.

Comment

retro-fitting? say it aint so Joe!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Trinidad boosts security amid string of oil spills

Monday, December 23, 2013 | 7:16 AM

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (AP) — Trinidad & Tobago is boosting security around fuel installations amid a string of oil spills in a southwestern area of the energy-rich southern Caribbean nation.
                Gasket and pipeline leaks appear to have caused most of the problems, but Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has told reporters that acts of sabotage are a possibility. Energy Minister Kevin Ramnarine says security is being boosted around marine installations.

Kamla Persad-Bissessar

1/1

State-owned fuel company Petrotrin says there have been five separate spills in four days. It's not clear how many gallons (liters) of oil have leaked.
                Crews on Sunday were trying to clean up the spills around hard-hit La Brea and three other coastal towns in Trinidad's southwest.
                Petrotrin says dispersants and containment material have been spread around the fouled sites and fishing settlements have been evacuated.

Comment

Well yes, that should be one of the basic goals of government, to create an environment where people local and foreign will want to invest.

However there are some obvious issues with our trade agreements with T&T which also needs to be addressed to level the playing field.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Right!! ah suh mi seeit to.

Comment

Jamaica, land of wood and WATA, how is it that T&T sells bottle water in Jamaica, even peanuts? Patty getting block by T&T, wi nuh serious. Could you post T&T incentives for business to their people vs Jamaica?

Comment

Working...
                      X