No announcement yet.

Shaggy speaks about his career, reggae and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaggy had several hits in the early 90's...Oh Carolina...Boombastic...but was still treated as a Jamerican one-hittish wonder...it wasn't until Hotshot (which ironically was more pop than straight dancehall) sold Diamond that Jamaica gave him any real respect

Comment

hotshot?

mi not even sure ef mi know that song. a nuff party mi use .. (well not really NUFF, but a few) to guh to in the early 90's whey shaggy's "o carolina" was a staple ..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

hot shot was the album with "It wasn't me" and some other hits.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

oh .... cause mi neva ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not sure I agree. Shaggy had a good following in Jamaica back in those days, imo.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Re: Hotshot

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              hotshot?

mi not even sure ef mi know that song. a nuff party mi use .. (well not really NUFF, but a few) to guh to in the early 90's whey shaggy's "o carolina" was a staple ..
              Gamma, “Hotshot” was the diamond-selling (over 10 million copies) album that included the Billboard No 1 hit singles “It Wasn’t Me” and “Angel.” Both singles (“It Wasn’t Me” first of all) and the album went to Number 1 on the Top 100 chart after the Beatles (“Greatest Hits” or something of the sort) somewhat lengthy sojourn in the top slot.

Incidentally, and slightly off topic, less than ten Jamaican recording artists in our entire history have ever had a Billboard No. 1 hit.

Comment

Remember he hit '93 Oh Carolina then '95 Boombastic then had some filler tunes until Hotshot buss 2000...between '95 - 2000 Shaggy was mostly a punchline...

Comment

The album sold 10 million worldwide, unprecedented for a living Jamaican artiste.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Shaggy's songs were mostly punchlines too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X