Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ardenne comes out on top in CAPE

Jovan Johnson, Gleaner Writer

The Education Ministry has reacted with joy to news that Jamaican high school, Ardenne High has been named the top-performing regional school in this year’s Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Exams (CAPE).

In addition to this, Ardenne High graduate Dea Thomas copped the prize for being the top CAPE student in the regional exams.

She gained grade ones in pure mathematics, applied mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, Caribbean studies, and communication studies.

Education Minister, Ronald Thwaites says the news has brought joy to the education sector.

He notes that the performance is in line with the progress being made in overall performance by students in regional exams.

Thwaites says the Ardenne model will have to be examined and the appropriate strategies applied across the wider education system.

Full story: Ministry Overjoyed After Ardenne's http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=48872
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Jamaican Students Dominating Technical, Vocational Subjects
    Published: Tuesday December 17, 2013

Jamaican students have dominated the technical and vocational subjects in the recent Caribbean Examinations Council exams with many of them outclassing their regional contemporaries to secure top-10 places in these subjects.

Subjects such as food and nutrition, building technology, mechanical engineering, and electrical and electronic technology, had more than five Jamaican students being placed in the top 10.

And these top grades were achieved at both the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) and the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Exams (CAPE).

It is for this reason HEART Trust/NTA officials say they will be expanding their programmes to offer more appealing courses to these top students.

Denworth Finnikin, senior director for workforce development and employment at the Trust says more students should be encouraged to pursue technical and vocational subjects at the secondary level.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=49992
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Finally !

Progress.. no 'Elite School' stigma to prevent a logical process.. when you see success you seek to replicate it.. not badmind it or try to debunk it..

Comment

Ardennes eliteness comes from its inclusiveness,rich,poor and middleclass attends Ardenne.e.g Rockfort-man, TG & Jungalist attends Ardenne with sons of dignitaries (ambassadors),kids having fun best days of my life, my brother was in class with Mr Coke, The Son of a Nigerian Ambassador and youths from lower socio economic status.The nigerian sounded more Jamaican than nigerian.No class distinction was made.

I had in my class an Ambassador Son and daughter from Sri Lanka, same thing.

I will give you a story , this Indian/Syrian or whatever nationality said to one of my friends "you are black" in a negative stern connotation, he got a box, went crying to the principal "Ebanks"...so we were rounded up, the principal asked us in front of him what happened , after telling him what happened , he said to the boy, I should let him give you another one and my friend was right.

Elitism at its best.
        Last edited by Sir X; December 20, 2013, 10:54 AM.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ahm.. so how is Ardenne different from say... Campion in this regard ??

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Ardennes eliteness comes from its inclusiveness,rich,poor and middleclass attends Ardenne.e.g Rockfort-man, TG & Jungalist attends Ardenne with sons of dignitaries (ambassadors),kids having fun best days of my life, my brother was in class with Mr Coke, The Son of a Nigerian Ambassador and youths from lower socio economic status.The nigerian sounded more Jamaican than nigerian.No class distinction was made.

I had in my class an Ambassador Son and daughter from Sri Lanka, same thing.

I will give you a story , this Indian/Syrian or whatever nationality said to one of my friends "you are black" in a negative stern connotation, he got a box, went crying to the principal "Ebanks"...so we were rounded up, the principal asked us in front of him what happened , after telling him what happened , he said to the boy, I should let him give you another one and my friend was right.

Elitism at its best.
            Hmm, just like Wolmers in my time. Mr Coke (JAH T) was there when I was there but not in my year.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

We are number 1
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

So she's doing seven CAPE subjects?? wow! Didn't think you could do that many...
                Peter R

Comment

noice
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Apparently you can sit as many as you want to... CXC only recommends 3 2-unit subjects in your area of focus plus Caribbean Studies and Communications Studies which are 1-unit subjects. The recommendation is therefore for 8 units; this student is doing/did twelve!! Impressive.
                    Peter R

Comment

Thanks! I was going to research it myself when you brought it to my attention.

Yes, very impressive performance by her.

Comment

I thought you were espousing 'inclusiveness' ?

Comment

too funny ....!!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                          X