Wisdom.. Give us vision lest we perish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom.. Give us vision lest we perish

In terms of foreign policy, I believe this is what Mr. Obama should learn from Singapore’s most revered founding father:

“I don’t see it as my duty as a prime minister— an elected prime minister—of Singapore… I am not a client state of the United States, I’m not in receipt of your aid, nor am I here to seek aid. I’m doing all right, I hope to do more trade with you, and I don’t think it is the duty of the elected representative leader of Singapore to go and involve his country in a situation which can end disastrously for his whole people.”

He gave that response to an interviewer who urged him, implicitly, to send “a small token to the field” to help the United States resolve the conflict or “difficulty” in Vietnam. (Watch the interview below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VexrmTacOAA

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt....
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Mi nah stop kick off face..

<Charlie Rose: “Take Singapore… It has to be a place people want to invest in. It has to be a place… go ahead.

Lee Kuan Yew: “It has to be a place that’s useful to the world. Otherwise it wouldn’t exist.

Charlie Rose: “And that’s what you’ve created since the founding of the modern city state?”

Lee Kuan Yew: “Absolutely. We have made ourselves relevant to the world…”

Charlie Rose: “And how will you maintain your relevancy?”

Lee Kuan Yew: “By keeping on changing. You cannot keep your relevance by just staying put. The world changes. There are shifts in the geopolitics and economics of the world. We’re gonna watch it and we’re gonna ride it.>

Yuh call dat Anti-quixotic..

Comment

I Share Your Views on Kwan Yew

Actually, I find your posts on Lee Kwan Yew very refreshing, as he is among my favorite and most respected world leaders. As far as I’m concerned, Kwan Yew sits right up there with greats like Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Nelson Mandela, Norman Washington Manley, and Abraham Lincoln (just to mention a few).

Comment

Great company.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Re: Better to Remain Silent

Originally posted by X View Post
            Great company.
            I know, but ****ing thanks anyway!

Smoked any high grade weed lately, X my friend? From what I heard it opens the mind and contributes to greater wisdom and deeper discourse, but at the same time it will make you horny and damn hungry! Be careful of what you do after your night of smoking.

In the meantime, between puffs, let us all pray that Tessanne Chin holds on to the top spot when the results are publicized tonight.

Comment

So many drinks served but that is okay because it is legal?
              Why the personal attack on X? This is a well known pattern with those objecting to legalizing weed,I guess no meaningful defense can be mounted.
              There is respected ite here that has never smoked weed but he is still capable of being objective on the issue.

Comment

Not into Tessanne ,or smoking any herb , more into ska which you know and felt ,but i dont have a problem promoting them all.

The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance.

Benjamin Franklin

Speak the truth, do not yield to anger; give, if thou art asked for little; by these three steps thou wilt go near the gods.

Confucius

Comment

"Not into Tessanne"

Bwoy yuh really have a prablem wid chiney....

I rest my case...

Comment

Chiney run through this blood.

Comment

Working...
                    X