Creativity lacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creativity lacking

I think what is lacking most in today's reggae is creativity. You have more writers and players today but what is lacking is the emphasis on creativity.

Can you remember the first time you hear "Sleng Thing"? "Rubba Dub Soldier" "A wha do them" "Unmetered Taxi" "Black starliner" "Curly locks" "Guess who is coming to Dinner" "Marcus Garvey Words come to pass" "Pass the Kutchie" "Greetings" "Nuh put it deh" "Mi God, Mi King" "one wheel wheely" "No wanga gut" and so many others.

Not that many of these were great singers but it was unique and fresh so you had to stand up and take notice. That is what I think is missing most in Reggae, artists don't take their time and develop their style and are afraid to take chances. Producers don't spend that kind of time with artist anymore. That unique sounds is missing in riddims and the unique voices are needed.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X