Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland wi seh !

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ews/news8.html

<Flemmings, who holds a Phd in management and energy, pointed out that the academy has since received a major boost with the endorsement of overseas Spanish giant football club Real Madrid, forming a partnership where coaches involved with the academy will undergo training at that club, with the likelihood also of local players getting the same treatment and opportunities at the Spanish club.

He noted that the move had been made possible through dialogue and negotiations between his company (AOE) and a Chinese-based company, 'Soxna', which develops the plan, manages, and develops the infrastructure of Real Madrid academies around the world.>

Please tell me this is not just some good Portland High Grade talking...

Good to see. A few years ago myself and another forumites link up my friends at St.Georges United and ran a camp for 12 years old and under for kids from Portland and a few from St. Mary. We did a two week camp and had Duckie amongst other coaches coming in. We wanted them to track the players and have them in once a month to follow up.

Things didn't go as we planned the following year. Not anybody fault, just resources got tight. We planned to revisit it, but this seems good. Wish Mr. Flemmings good luck.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

1. Identifying of the problem.
      2. Addressing the issues

According to Flemmings, the academy is centered on a performance-based programme where youths are evaluated in the areas of socio-cultural understanding of the game, awareness of the game strategy, player development in training, innovation in training, management development, and player response to [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]coach[/color][/color] requests and instruction.

Comment

Proposing to...

Comment

Football Industry

Comment

Hope it takes off!
            Good luck to the all involved.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X