No announcement yet.

UK station pulls shutters on reggae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I debut her here on the forum a couple months ago. But yes, Dancehall and Reggae needs a cross-over champion. Tessanne can lead the way.

Check out Beyoncé trying to dJ on this...lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Fe8XO_FSc
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

personally I think part of the problem with dancehall is that the live shows are no more. I was reading a piece on Ninjaman the other day and he was talking about when Capleton and himself was DJing at Empty dances and building their craft. Those days artist could gauge the reaction of the crowd to new lyrics and sound. Nowadays many of the young artist are impatient and have ego on top of it and the older artists don't have time for them.

Kartel had vibes on some of his songs and came up with good punchline. You may not like his character and neither do I but he was a vibez master.

Yeah we need a break out song or artist. Every so often one comes along. A quality artist soon come and change things again. Do you think most of the artist today would perform nightly for what Briggie, Josey, Peter Metro, Welton Irie and others did? We need the same dedication. If you notice most of the American bands who are now selling songs have been playing small clubs and festival for a while and develop their backing over time.

yes I see Samantha J a get a run. Good luck to her.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

In recent times we have seen a purging of reggae by way of censoring.Whose art form!
        Besides,stringent visa requirements are damining to the promotion of reggae.
        Two reggae,local and foreign,often what is popular abroad isn't Jamaica.
        Bob wss more of a pioneer,he had no problem bridging the gap but the dynamics have now changed.Most of the greats are residing abroad.Who is really failing?
        England is a lickle fassy,the recent onslaught of our dialect becoming popular there fid not sit well with Govt there.They have to find a reason to explain this rebellious spirit thay has. suddenly emerged in its people.Would not surprise me if we are merely being visted by the plans executed.Just music you say,well look at the concerns evoked by Bob.
        Reggae is vibrant a yard.

Comment

Visa requirements are not stopping anything, it is the behavior of the artists and musicians that is messing up their ability to get visas.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"reggae desperately in need of a breakout artiste or group" amen to dat sah. and Here comes trouble 'Chronixx and di Zinc Fence Band', wicked like death, in time di yout ago dun di place like Usain.

Comment

Working...
            X