Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Shelton on Tessane

I think he is right on the money.

Tessanne is my pick to win and for no other reason than I have eyes, and I can look at iTunes and see what happened yesterday.

I think with her performance of "Bridge Over Troubled Water", something happened. Something clicked. She's been great all this time and I've been one of the first ones who has been frustrated with the fact that she's been kind of held to a reggae sound. Just because she's from Jamaica, people expected her to do a specific sound from that country.

Tessanne should never be limited. She should never feel like she could only do one thing. She can do everything. And I think that when she did "Bridge Over Troubled Water", everybody went, "Oh my gosh! This has nothing to do with her accent or where she's from. This has to do with who else in the world can sing like this girl sings?! I'm excited about that for her.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/blak...eason-5-winner
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

I've been one of the first ones who has been frustrated with the fact that she's been kind of held to a reggae sound
    In other words "The reggae songs sucked..."

Comment

Having got to the finals she has already got the maximum exposure that The Voice could give her, matters little if she wins or not.

The more important issue she will have to face is what kind of music to release next, or what demographic to target?
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No, that would only be your words.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          In other words "The reggae songs sucked..."
          Trying to save face?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I don't know if the other contestants have gotten as much public and media attention as her, because frankly, I have not been interested, but at this stage, she might as well win the damn thing. I think she is THE ONE to elevate The Voice's profile.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I watched her twice and that was on youtube, she can sing.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

others may have gotten close to her from hometown media, but she has proven herself and I hope she will benefit bigtime.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

let us say they did, how did they hurt her?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

mi nuh know...all I know is she did a bad job covering the two reggae chunes...she is not a reggae singer...& Blake diplomatically agrees

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                        mi nuh know...all I know is she did a bad job covering the two reggae chunes...she is not a reggae singer...& Blake diplomatically agrees

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

all i know is that she is the finals as the #1 seed .. so if she was bad then the others were worse.

it personal, don't it?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

him woulda rather drown!!

Comment

what does that have to do with her poor interpretation of the reggae chunes?

Comment

Working...
                              X