Oh, BTW Assasin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, BTW Assasin....

Seems like local hot-pepper sauce is too expensive for at least one all-inclusive hotel.

I asked for hot-pepper sauce and i was given the Tabasco brand . In fact I noticed that was all they had.

Also, I agree with you. Importing goat meat MAY be cheaper than buying it locally.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

No way it should be cheaper unless I am missing something.

Most of our goats eat bushes. Not a lot of medical cost involved.

Labour for raring goat is not that intensive as it doesn't attention or energy like chicken, or pigs.

For overseas goat there is shipping cost and some stamp duties involved so I can't see how it should be cheaper.

It is just our taste for everything "foreign". Funny thing is while a few people might stick to the Tobassco taste, many would try a nice Grace or some other pepper sauce.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      No way it should be cheaper unless I am missing something.

Most of our goats eat bushes. Not a lot of medical cost involved.

Labour for raring goat is not that intensive as it doesn't attention or energy like chicken, or pigs.

For overseas goat there is shipping cost and some stamp duties involved so I can't see how it should be cheaper.

It is just our taste for everything "foreign". Funny thing is while a few people might stick to the Tobassco taste, many would try a nice Grace or some other pepper sauce.
      One goat farmer in the US could be the equivalent of 100 goat owners in Jamaica. It's all about effiency.

There are some things grown in Jamaica that sells cheaper in the US.

I bought 4 east indian mango last week for US $20.00!! (I know, it's not mango season).

HL

Comment

so then it is about effiency? If we took care of our goats, we may not have that huge farm but I have seen many small goat farmers in GA doing ok and using similar methods to what we are using.

Just read where the Cattle industry in Jamaica is crying as one of firms they supply states that they are over supplied and the people have nothing to do with their milk.

Gimmie one of the East Indian nuh??? Where you get that from? How much a East Indian cost to produce a Jamaica???? How labor intensive is that??? It is more than just effiency, it is a mentality. Put it simple too much bottle neck, red tape, fight gainst and red eye a kill we. We need to focus and realize what is good for Jamaica.
        Last edited by Assasin; December 11, 2013, 11:32 AM.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you know them a sell a little bottle of Mango juice(Pint) in Publix and Walmart $2.80.

Comment

Hl - where did you get that East Indian mango - Dekalb Farmers Mkt. or the one near the airport?

I bought mango at the airport mkt. and they were really good.
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

I mentioned earlier that i spent the Thanksgiving weekend in MoBay Jamaica.

Saw a man selling mangoes by the road-side.

Bought 4 small to medium sized east indian for $20.00.

In the end, it's not what is fair--it's what's negotiable...since i had him (reluctantly) throw in a likkle fluxy Julie in on the deal.

HL

Comment

Working...
              X