Portia News From Mandela Memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry ... it is funny ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      We've been thru this before. As long as I am a moderator on this here forum, I will not tolerate misquotes on what I actually said.
      Whatever Mosiah! It's that time of the month ... you want to show that have power on the forum?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I thought that was already well known.

Anyway, in the spirit of reconciliation...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Billboard mourning Mandela's death has Morgan Freeman's photo instead

Friday, December 20, 2013 | 5:32 PM

INDIA (AFP) — A billboard mourning Nelson Mandela's death has been erected in India, but a photo of actor Morgan Freeman has been mistakenly used.
          The memorial to Mandela was placed in the city of Coimbatore.

Billboard mourning Mandela's death has Morgan Freeman's photo instead

1/1

Morgan Freeman played Mandela in 2009 film Invictus, which is probably how the mistake arose.
          'We should be proud that we were part of an era when they lived,' read the condolence message on the board in Tamil.
          The DailyMail said a vendor, Chandrashekhar, who paid for the board in a private capacity as a mark of respect to the former South African leader, said it was a mistake by the designer.
          'We will replace it with the correct picture of Mandela,' the merchant, who uses one name, told AFP by telephone from Chennai, adding that he did not know how the gaffe occurred.
          Earlier this month Morgan Freeman, paid tribute to Mandela, describing him as 'a saint to many, a hero to all who treasure liberty, freedom and the dignity of humankind'.
          The 76-year-old actor — who some mistakenly posted a picture of next to tweets paying tribute to Mandela — added: 'As we remember his triumphs, let us, in his memory, not just reflect on how far we've come, but on how far we have to go.
          'Madiba may no longer be with us, but his journey continues on with me and with all of us.'
          Proceedings, following the death of Mandela has brought around several gaffes.
          The most high profile has been the man who performed fake sign language during a memorial service.

Comment

All black people look alike!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We've been thru this before. As long as I am a moderator on this here forum, I will not tolerate *misquotes on what I actually said.
              Had to read what you wrote 3 times.

*mask-itta (sarry)
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I have often wondered why you talk so much crap on the forum from time to to time. If you have to read stuff 3 times before understanding...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have often wondered why you talk so much crap on the forum from time to to time. If you have to read stuff 3 times before understanding...
                  This is a significant problem. Kindly develop an app which would allow HL to respond to a post only after his 3rd reading
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Consider it done.

Tilla!!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This is considerably better than those who read three times and still have NO CLUE as to what is being "said"... Now, I have no shame to say that sometimes I find myself in that situation with regards to the writing of a couple posters whom I shall not name...
                      Peter R

Comment

Working...
                      X