Bricktop Tessane is kicking a$$ on iTunes this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bricktop Tessane is kicking a$$ on iTunes this

week with Redemption song, #15 last i heard.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Good to see a fresh voice on the chart. Btw, Police & Thieves by Junior Murvin got a bump by his death & is 1 on the UK Reggae Singles Itunes Chart.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Her interpretation never mek it if yuh aks me...but to each their own

Comment

she ever please you yet ???
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i thnk the obvious answer is ... a big fat "NO"!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I was listening to the songs she has done on the Voice while driving to work this morning. My favorite is Many Rivers to Cross. Redemption Song was OK for me but I thought the best for the night was Cry Baby.

I still think I prefer her doing songs that show her vocal range whether they are Jamaican or not, but you can't really argue with results and it look like she got some new fans last night cause JA people nuh buy music.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm not a fan...sue me

Comment

it would be good to do songs that show the vocal range but in this kind of program you have to diversify a little and show that you are versatile.

As long as you don't sound too much like the original.
                Last edited by Assasin; December 3, 2013, 03:31 PM.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

She has done well in owning the songs. Reggae typically does not require great vocal talent but she has taken the ones she has done and pushed them to the limit.

She is at least as good as Diana King in my view and Diana has always been my pick as best female Jamaican songstress. I like the smoothness in Dianas voice better but Tessane has more range i think. Kind of an Anita vs Whitney comparison.

Comment

I think it would do her well to back off the Jamaica songs.

A win shi fi win dis ting.
                    Jamaica dun big areadi!!!
                    Last edited by Karl; December 3, 2013, 04:24 PM. Reason: correction
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Reggae doesn't necessarily requires vocal range but that don't mean you can't use it. Look for example at some of Sanchez, and Jakes songs.

You notice Tess breakdown some of her songs so she can actually show off her vocal power. It was so obvious in the No Doubt song. I like Diana but my girl is JC lodge, but Tessanne is on a different level when it comes to Ranges. I always knew she was good but she is now showing a whole lot and the thing is she look so comfortable even when she is pushed to do more.

Comment

Diana King? I wouldn't put her near the top of my list of artists with extraordinary range. Look out for Leontre in 2014........
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Neither does Anita Baker and she is still an extraordinary singer.

Comment

Can't deny that.

Comment

That is because she is a World Class vocal talent...

That disqualify her right away based on your tastes..

Comment

Working...
                              X