RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human Nature or Smooth Criminal? : Did Kartel croak Lizard??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Nature or Smooth Criminal? : Did Kartel croak Lizard??

What a Thriller

Witness testifies seeing ‘Lizard’ motionless in Kartel’s living room
    Damning!

BY KARYL WALKER Editor — Crime/Court Desk walkerk@jamaicaobserver.com
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A prosecution witness yesterday gave damning evidence against Vybz Kartel and his four co-accused as their murder trial continued in the Home Circuit Court, downtown Kingston.

The witness, who gave an initial statement that led to Kartel and Shawn 'Shawn Storm' Campbell, Andre St John, Kahira Jones, and Shane Williams being arrested and charged with murder, seemed to tremble while on the witness stand.

Deejay Adidja ‘Vybz Kartel’ Palmer leaving court last Thursday afternoon.

He testified that he was present at a house on Swallowfield Avenue in Havendale, St Andrew on August 16, 2011 when Clive 'Lizard' Williams was attacked.

The witness, who was surrounded by a security detail of about 10 police officers, said he and Williams were summoned by Kartel, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, to the house to give account for two illegal firearms that went missing while in their care.

He was accompanied to the house by Campbell in a taxi driven by a man known as 'Nefa', who he begged not to leave him. He said, after a brief exchange between Kartel and Williams, Kartel invited them inside.

"Lizard say he gave 'Browns' the gun to put back, so Mr Palmer say, 'So wha unu plan fi do?' Lizard say we plan fi buy dem back. Kahira hold Lizard backway. I saw that, and after that I ran in a room. I think something was going happen to me to," the witness said.

The witness said he attempted to lock himself into a room at the back of the house, but was prevented from doing so by Kartel and Campbell, who forced the door open.

He said Kartel assured him that everything was all right, embraced him and brought him back into the living room where Lizard was.

"Mi notice Lizard was on the ground, and him wasn't moving. Kahira was over him and 'Mad Suss' (St John) was beside him with a block," he said.
    "What kind of block?" Justice Lennox Campbell then asked.
    "Block what you use to build," he answered.

He said other men were in the house peeping out from other rooms.
    "Lizard was lying on his back," he said.

At that point the witness said he slipped from Kartel's grasp and escaped.
    "Mi jump the first gate, and then jump the big red gate. Mi run go straight up the road," he said.

The witness testified that while he was running he heard Kartel behind him shouting that everything was all right, and that he had been bitten by his own pit bull.
    He said he then stopped a cab and Kartel and himself went to the Andrews Memorial Hospital where Kartel was treated by a female doctor for the dog bite.

While there, he said, Kartel again assured him that everything was all right.
    After leaving the hospital, the witness told the court, Kartel went to a guest house, while he went back to his home community of Waterford in Portmore, St Catherine.

He said he saw Campbell and inquired about Williams.
    "Mi ask him what happen to Lizard, and him say [if] anybody ask me, mi must tell them say Lizard never come inna the car," he said.

He also said after he was asked by residents about Lizard he told them what had transpired.

The witness testified that two days before the incident at the Havendale house, he and Williams were very scared after the guns went missing and went to Williams' sister's house.

He said he overheard Williams speaking to Jones on a cellphone and asked him to beg Kartel for him. Jones, he said, assured Williams that no harm would come to him.

The witness also testified that he was a close friend of Campbell and had gone to countless stage shows with him, and had even travelled with Campbell to a stage show in St Maarten.

Yesterday, the usually rowdy band of Kartel supporters were noticeably absent when the trial ended and he was being transported back to jail.
    The trial is expected to continue today when the witness will be further examined by lead prosecutor Jeremy Taylor.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2lrzYSyuF
    Last edited by Don1; November 27, 2013, 02:30 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Both!?

If these reports are true, yuh really have to wonder. What is Kartel doing with guns and such things?! Thought he was an entertainer?! Makes you wonder if music takes its cues from society or the other way around.

Kartel had everything going for him. Aaah bwoy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

whey di man name? KARTEL .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

again you should know better than this. Some of the biggest entertainers are associated with bigtime criminals and some of them are actually the bigtime criminal.

We can pray and how that a dream some a dem a dream when them a write certain songs or read some comic books but there is a reality and even some who a preach Rasta and christianity are not also involved in this lifestyle.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The man and him crew were into badness from before they got a muscial "buss". You have area leader who already try take the man life, so him just put him own organization on steroids from musical profits.

Comment

Mi ongle look fool!

I am very much aware that many are involved in criminality, including the phone scam business. For some of them, they need some support for their fledgling entertainment business. Kartel never need none! Him lucky him never have a US visa. Dem probably woulda did ask for his extradition a long time ago. Come to think of it, they still could!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do you think such info might be exposed in this trial?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that put the gully/gaza war inna won different stratosphere ... in all likelihood it was not about music...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You ever heard the term (rinsing)? A long time that a gwaan.
                  A lot of mix up. People with a little money want more and it sometimes lead to a lot of problem.

Some Entertainers are suspected in Drug trafficking, people trafficking, gang and some of them part of part of to gangs. Some may not physically move things but are involved, while others think they are "the big man".

Sad and it makes it bad for the honest musicans and singers who trying a thing.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hmmm...but it takes two to have a war. So, maybe Mavado a gwaan wid tings too?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Talk about that, I have mentioned how nice Tessanne Chin was on the couple occasions I met her. Adam Levine cyaan stop talk about her being a wonderful human being.

Do you think that might have been the reason why she nuh really buss yet? Do you think she will ever really buss if she continues being this wonderful and sweet person?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He wasn't convicted of anything, so it will not mean anything in court.

Comment

Mavado will be into war because he is a simpleton and the people around him get into trouble and then press up his buttons.

Kartel will get into trouble becuase him head take him that day and him feel like give somebody punishment. The man use to have Black Rhyno, Popcaarn, Gaza Kim and Jah Vinci getting beating from him council if they were deemed to misbehave.

Comment

actually ... more importantly he is not charged with anything. that could work both ways though.

because he has not been charged it is like a statement against his own self interest (like di dread that was on the front page of the observer) on the other hand they could argue that he is not being charged because him come give evidence against kartel ...

Comment

Sometimes that have to do with it. I have a friend in Bronx who had a few minor hits. He went to Jamaica for a while but he wouldn't join in the Gaza/Gully thing and him not into the crew thing. He said many times they ask him to go dance with the crews but said no.

You can still buss buss but sometimes it harder. You remember how Kartel buss? running on stage while Ninja was performing?

Chakademus use to follow Jammys but because he wasn't a mike shark you hardly hear him on the sound but that didn't stop him from getting big.

Once you are betting big, you have to be careful as some elements want to associated themselves with you for good or bad. Sometimes you entertainers move away from Jamaica for this reason, not because they want to because of some of the elements that hold them hostage.

I think Mavado realize the track he was heading down and got out of Jamaica for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X