X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican Health Minister supports Ganja

Health minister supports ganja use as medicine

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 | 7:12 PM

KINGSTON, Jamaica -- Minister of Health Dr Fenton Ferguson says while the smoking of marijuana has serious implications for one’s health, he fully supports the use of the substance for medicinal purposes.

“Jamaica can’t lock off itself from the rest of the world or the research findings that are available, that is pointing to a significant number of elicits that medical marijuana is responding to, so I want that to be very, very clear, that when it comes to medical marijuana, I am fully on board,” he said.
    Dr Fenton Ferguson

Dr Fenton Ferguson

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
    1/1

Ferguson, who recently imposed heavy fines for cigarette smoking, was responding to questions at Tuesday's Rotary Club of St Andrew meeting, held at the Hotel Four Seasons in Kingston.
    He argued that the smoking of marijuana and any other is “bad”, adding that with ganja, “the Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the critical addictive substance”.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2lqFVhZD0
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Lot of hot air....nuff chat but incapable of backative.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The greatest human rights abuse that has faced Jamaicans post slavery , the criminalization of ganja, this has led to state terrorism against its citizens from murder,beatings,deprivation of income ,institutionalisation in the penal system by our peace officers ,a financial cost in the billions of dollars and the cost of milllions of lives.

Every facet of Jamaican society is affected by this grave injustice.

The strongest arguement against it , is its weakest, addiction and psychosis, at what bloody cost ?

Yet we hear silence from human rights org in Jamaica.They seem more sensitive to perception, than anything else.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

if smoking it is bad.. can I put some in mi cake mix ?

Comment

Stop being obtuse.. does Al Sharpton march for Ganja use ?

Jesse Jackson ? ahm.. pick one... yuh suppose fi know nuff bout dem since yuh live deh suh and yuh seem well concern out the actions of Human Rights Organizations..

Why JFJ boddah yuh suh much ??

Yuh nuh tink poor black people ah Jamaica a human beings ??

"How would you yuh feel if yuh woke up one morning and saw...."

Wheh yuh seh.. if Gomes did cut two Reggae tune it woulda alright ?

Comment

Why do you keep using words that you have no understanding of ? Obtuse !..do you know the civilrights link between ganja and stop and frisk ? where do you think Sharpton was when the young Jamaican youth got shot and killed in his bathroom(home) by the NYPD!

What do you think Dorsiman murder by an undercover NYPD cop was about and Guillani smear that he wasnt no angel, where do you think the civil rights org lined up ?

One common theme ganja ! In Jamaica same is true! but no civil rights org lines up.

O.K let me take the gloves off , are you an idiot ?
            Last edited by Sir X; November 27, 2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Minister of Health Dr Fenton Ferguson says while the smoking of marijuana has serious implications for one’s health, he fully supports the use of the substance for medicinal purposes.
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You are implying that if a Civil Rights group is not active 'in your eyes' in a Campaign for Ganja Reform in Jamaica they are missing the boat..

What does Ganja have to do with Police murder of children and cover up..

You fight your war.. let JFJ fight their war...

Yuh nuh qualify fi criticize someone like Gomes.. juss easy yuhself yute..

Guh bun two herb and chill...

Comment

Proof!

Comment

check yuhself.. yuh set wrang pon di JFJ topic..

woefully...

Comment

I believe he is saying, somewhat clumsily, that it is the smoking that does the damage not the thing you are smoking.

My family doctor while growing up in Morant Bay in the 80s was the esteemed Dr. Ronald Lampart. I remember visiting him and listening to him speak about research he was involved in on the medicinal benefits of weed back when it was not acceptable to talk that way as an "educated" member of the community.

He would be pleased to see the day when a Minister of Health, who coincidentally was also my family dentist in Morant Bay as a youth, openly supported the use of the weed for medicinal purposes.

We have come a long way.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        I believe he is saying, somewhat clumsily, that it is the smoking that does the damage not the thing you are smoking.

My family doctor while growing up in Morant Bay in the 80s was the esteemed Dr. Ronald Lampart. I remember visiting him and listening to him speak about research he was involved in on the medicinal benefits of weed back when it was not acceptable to talk that way as an "educated" member of the community.

He would be pleased to see the day when a Minister of Health, who coincidentally was also my family dentist in Morant Bay as a youth, openly supported the use of the weed for medicinal purposes.

We have come a long way.
                        Nice anecdotes from MoBay

I'm not laughing at Dr Ferguson...he's being paraphrased by a typical Jamaican scribe

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

MORANT Bay, not MoBay!
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                              Lot of hot air....nuff chat but incapable of backative.
                              Can't diss X suh! Di man passionate bout him cause, but will never leave his warm and fuzzy sofa to actually do something about it. But dat nuh mean yuh need fi trace him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X