No announcement yet.

Obama Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Under a perverse set of incentives, hospitals were making more money when elderly patients returned. The taxpayers, of course, picked up the bills."

This is similar to getting an adjustable rate mortgage where the rate was fixed for 2 to 3 years before it starts adjusting. Back in the days prior to the recession, a homeowner who had one of those mortgages would have to refinance ever so often. The system was designed to feed the greedy pigs on Wall Street.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

"Where your insurance could be canceled after you got sick or had an accident"

The ObamaCare concept of health insurance, need to transcend to automobile insurance also. Why should a person's credit score influence the price of car insurance premiums? Having car insurance is mandatory by law, so a driver must pay for insurance.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

True!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          Some encouraging information here. The cost control in particular would be a major achievement if it can hold up over time. However I would wait to see some data from an independent source, the presidents economic council is hardly that.
          Even if we forget the polls which claim a healthy majority of citizens do not wish 'The Law' repealed, the (comprehensive - total numbers benefiting from 'The Law'...new Medicaid recipients, new signing via the State + Federal Exchanges + the already instituted benefits approximately 250 millions who receive Health Insurance Coverage outside of the Exchanges) monthly updates will inform on how the country is trending....that is, increased support or decreased support.

The bad news of course is that the White House and the Dems in general have a mountain to climb to turn around the public sentiment once they finally get the website and overall technology infrastructure fixed.

Fortunately Obama will have veto power to block any attempt to dismantle the law in the short term even if the Dems lose the Senate in 2014. Longer term...the reality on the ground will be the ultimate decider.
          The problem with this statement is, it could be better stated/more accurate if it substituted "improve" for "turn around". "Turn around" suggests a majority at this time wishes "The Law" repealed. That is not the case.

...and that is not even the case among Republicans. Rather it is the continuous ferocious assault on "The Law" by the GOP establishment and on comparison subdued responses by the Democrats that has 'the noise level' in the media lending itself to understandable belief by some that a majority hates 'The Law'.

Example of the GOP gain on misinformation -
          a) 'The Law' has just come into effect.

b) Majority purchasers of HealthCare Insurance have been placed into disadvantageous positions with their Health Care since 'The Law' came into being.

c) The Federal Exchange web site is "Obama Care=The ACA".

There are others.

It is interesting to note that already some Dems are going on 'push back' citing stats on number of Americans reaping tangible benefits since the roll out of 'The Law' in 2010.

I guess I am most interested in seeing what the GOP candidates will do if there is tremendous numbers joining the Medicaid provisions as offered under 'The Law' + appreciable numbers of the underinsured and underinsured receiving quality coverage.

We already know it would be a disaster for the Dems if a majority...or even an appreciable number of Health Care Insurance customers are adversely impacted by 'The Law'. ... what happens to the GOP messages of "Do not purchase Health Care Insurance through the Federal and State Exchanges"...and that of "GOP politicians shall deny taking of the Medicare provisions under 'The Law' as it is bad for you"?

How do they counter the greatest of advertising for 'The Law', word of mouth by family, friends and acquaintances that there are indeed great benefits?

How do they face their constituents with reasoned arguments on "benefits to deny the local economy of multi-millions of dollars" taking the Medicaid provisions and reduced premiums would punch into the local economy?

How do they make rational arguments surrounding deliberate efforts to curtail *massive investment in one of the drivers of the US economy, 'The Health Care Industry'?

*Federal funding for increased inflows/training of health care professionals, physical plants, etc?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Credit score is not a major factor in the price of car insurance.

After you rack up your tickets and a race down the roadway, you a blame it pon your credit score.

Talk the truth, you may have as much ticket as one a dem Jamaican Minivan driver
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The same goes for house insurance too. The insurance companies are just a set of greedy pigs. You pay your insurance premiums for years without a claim and the one time you make a claim, they hike your rates or want to drop you. The only time an insurance company loses money is when there is a major disaster like Sandy.

Comment

yeah over the last few years insurance companies for homes have become leaches fi real, but government have a hard time mandating it because of geography and other disaster prone areas.

In South Florida is sky high, I wouldn't want to pay a piece of their insurance at all.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Florida's insurance rates skyrocketed after Katrina and many insurance companies actually stopped writing insurance in the state. Actually, a few also dropped NY after Katrina. Now, Long Island and Staten Island have seen their rates increased dramatically since Sandy. Not to mention Flood Insurance. That in itself is a small fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    The same goes for house insurance too. The insurance companies are just a set of greedy pigs. You pay your insurance premiums for years without a claim and the one time you make a claim, they hike your rates or want to drop you. The only time an insurance company loses money is when there is a major disaster like Sandy.
                    They NEVER lose money!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is very simple. Because the insurance companies have picked up a correlation between poor credit scores and poor driving records.

It is the same reason why students with good grades tend to get a better price on their car insurance relative to those with poor grades, with Good Student discounts and things like that. The data shows a correlation between better grades and better driving records.

Look for more of this type of thing in the era of Big Data. More data available, more analysis, more patterns identified on which to base your marketing and prices.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Damn actuarial scientists!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the most ticket me ever get is for parking ...
                          ..expired meter. The cost for those tickets in my neck of the woods is $11. Couple times I go down to the Bronx and get parking tickets and nearly ***** myself when I saw the cost. The meter maids literally stand and wait for tge time to run out then write the ticket. Me nuh have dem monies fi waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            Yuh tink dem lose?
                            ...di local ones have many good years...including the years of great disasters. Same denying of claims business rules...and if there are catastrophic claims that must be paid they turn to their re-insurers.

They re-insurers at the top 'rule the world' and thus always have 'hand over fist' years when 99+% of their policies has money gushing in...money that drowns over out claims from 1 or 2 regions of their world-wide marketplace.

Perhaps with Global Warming and our planet getting angrier and angrier...the catastrophic losses are increasing where in the future there may be danger insurance industry failure down the road?

...but then what are 'bail-outs' for
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Ticket down a Georgia too expensive. When I was in NY if got a ticket for speeding I would go to court in most case and the judge tell you to settle your thing with the police, most places in Rockland or Orange county before coming to the court. Not so in NY or Georgia. Some a di ticket them a like 500 dollars. Mi nuh have them money deh fi give them. Yeah mi nuh bother with the NYC parking ticket at all and god forbid if they tow your car. It cost much more plus you not sure what garage it is, and they may damage your car.

Comment

Working...
                              X