• Show
Clear All

Oh, just read your opinion

~GROANN~~
    tHANKS.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Why yuh groaning? Our views of the clash are not so different, I think.

As for the"killing" references, I think our culture has now accepted the fact, after 40 years, that killing at a sound clash is completely different from killing a bwoy pon di cornah. Even the biggest eediat in attendance will not leave di clash and go a road go kill smaddy then tell police dat Crawford just Kill Daryl so why me cyaan kill Blacka?!?! So, dat doan bodda mi suh much.

Well, I hope so!

Anyway, so if dem cyaan gwaan wid dis, why Roger Clarke cyaan dagger di lady?! It's all part of our culture that that world goes bunkers over!

Embrace it! Don't trace it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Daggering IS NOT part of our culture...I am sorry...

Comment

I am not as convinced about the violent lyrics being a non-issue.

While I have never believed that popular music CAUSES violence I think it does legitimize it in a way. No I do not think someone will say , "the tune say fe kill so me a go kill", but the lyrics glorify badness, killing and guns and the people who practice those things. That cannot be good.

And its not like the tunes are just saying Damion "kill" Darryl or whoever, that is nothing. But they are talking about how much bullet inna the gun, how much dem squeeze off, etc, etc.

If this is OK then why on earth did we have a problem with Damion saying him and Paulwell "shelling down" London? That was mild compared to this.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post

While I have never believed that popular music CAUSES violence I think it does legitimize it in a way. No I do not think someone will say , "the tune say fe kill so me a go kill", but the lyrics glorify badness, killing and guns and the people who practice those things. That cannot be good.

And its not like the tunes are just saying Damion "kill" Darryl or whoever, that is nothing. But they are talking about how much bullet inna the gun, how much dem squeeze off, etc, etc.

If this is OK then why on earth did we have a problem with Damion saying him and Paulwell "shelling down" London? That was mild compared to this.
            It's called subliminal messaging or stimuli.....Constant exposure creates its own reality

The extent to which violence in thought, language and action has permeated ALL Jamaicans is astounding

All mi normally genteel 78+ year old modda regularly threaten fi shoot mi wid har imaginary 45 if she buck me inna har house unexpectedly... naw lie

Woooiiiee mi Tims!!!
            Last edited by Don1; November 24, 2013, 10:16 AM.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
              Are you serious. This is a national disgrace....Is this what we expect from our leaders? With the crime rate we have in the country we have these people engaing in sound clash hyping up music that promotes killing people...Talking about big guns and how much bullet mi have...Seriously, our leaders, our politicians...somone who was once minister of Info.......Dawg nyam we supper if this is the standare we expect of leaders....these are the footsteps our children should follow.....Disgrace
              Gentlemen, music that promote violence is a way of life in Jamaica and no politician can stop it. Vaz and Crawford used it to send a message that rivals can live in peace. It was done in great fun and they 'embraced' in the end and spoke of co-operation. Maybe the DJs should follow their example and 'embrace' after every clash and speak about co-operation outside of the dance hall.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post

You heard all of that?! I don't listen to half of it!

Yes, if that's what's being said, Jamaica don't need any more of that! And I guess if I can take that position, then even the "kill a man/sound in dancehall" should not be tolerated either!

Sadly, no matter what we say, it will be with us for a very, very long time! As will the killings, the real killings, it seems!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Its weak juvenile schitt.

Comment

Working...
                  X