No announcement yet.

Now the Trinis a tun whe Jamaicans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the excuses I hear people trying to make for Trinidad....

A real shame.

Comment

make them block we people and we block them import.

We leaders can't spend hours sitting eating food and drinking whatever and tell the people one thing and it nuh mean nothing.

It is either the leaders fess up and create real policies that we can live by or forget CARICOM. Too much ginalship.
      Last edited by Assasin; November 22, 2013, 02:34 PM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

disappointing

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It is indeed a different level and if it is an official policy it is WRONG and invalidates what CSME/CARICOM is all about.

At home though, we must start to look at ourselves and ask why so many Caribbean islands do not welcome us, and it is getting worse as our socioeconomic status continues to degrade.

Is it all of them or is it us?

And would we act any different? I remember one time a few dozen boat Haitian did land over Portland and the JA govt put them up fe a while, and it wasn't too long before some grumbling did start. Imagine if dem did start murder people?
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

they feel that they can "tek step wid wi" and get away with it, why??!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well because them can get away with it! At least we allow them too.

Maybe dem have secret fe our leaders dat we nuh know bout, but me really not seeing what Jamaica getting out of CARICOM/CSME for us to be loyal to it. You know i am one that has been traditionally for regional integration but self-preservation must come first.

Look like we can only chuck badness pon the streets. Any other kinda conflict and we tek pure box. Must be some kind of mental condition.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Swap jobs for influx of T&T products

http://rjrnewsonline.com/local/swap-...ges-government

Swap jobs for influx of T&T products, Mahfood challenges government

7:03 am, Fri November 22, 2013

William Mahfood

William Mahfood, Managing Director of the WISYNCO Group, is challenging the Government of Jamaica to intensify efforts in getting more Jamaicans jobs in Trinidad & Tobago (T&T), in exchange for the influx of Trinidadian products on Jamaican shelves.
                His comments are the latest in an ongoing concern about the disparity in the amount of imported goods from Trinidad and Tobago, in comparison to what is exported there from Jamaica. It is estimated that this gap is in the region of J$100 billion annually.
                Mr. Mahfood was also responding to reports that several Jamaicans have been denied entry into T&T, despite the treaty which facilitates free movement. Speaking on RJR's Beyond the Headlines on Thursday, he stated that, based on feedback from his business associates in Trinidad & Tobago, there is a shortage of labour in that country. He therefore wants the Jamaican government to press the case for Jamaicans to fill those positions in exchange for the free flow of Trinidadian goods to Jamaica.

“The only leverage we have is the free market. If we can say to the Trinidadian government you must allow free movement of the Jamaican people; you must allow Jamaicans to work freely in Trinidad and earn gainful employment, then your goods can come free into Jamaica. It is simple; we have that leverage, we are the ones holding that handle where the goods are concerned.”
                Position supported by PSOJ
                Mr. Mahfood's position is supported by Chris Zacca, President of the Private Sector Organization of Jamaica (PSOJ).
                Mr. Zacca wants the Jamaican government to pursue the free movement issue vigorously and also address matters affecting the single market concept.
                “A concerted effort by the CARICOM governments, obviously led by our government and instigated by our government to meet and to start to come up with some proper protocols to implement the Shanique Myrie judgement. And therefore really reaffirm the importance of the single market to CARICOM and give us in the business community in Jamaica some confidence that it is a workable arrangement going forward, because you can’t have one aspect of the single market and don’t have the other aspect,” said Mr. Zacca.

Comment

It is the obvious response to take.

But let us wait and see what the JA govt response will be. I would advise caution against holding your breath though.

Comment

Wha dem red man know bout anyting oddah dan fi hawk goods ??

Comment

I think our region leads everywhere in rejecting free movements of its people.This particularly troubling as perceived greater threats exist among European countries.
                      Trini products benefited from CARICOM which has failed to achieve its most fundamental objectives.

Comment

Entry can be denied for vague reasons,maybe they just do not like us.I believe the deterrent would be going into those guilty countries pockets hence I agree with you.There has to be justice for those that are, without sound reason,refused entry,whey the CCJ fah?
                        The implemention of the CCJ is primarily because a country can't be trusted in being fair rendering justice to its neighbours,well this applies to criminal cases too.The CCJ ruled in favour of Shanice which suggests the people that assaulted her was handed a get out of prison card by their Govt.Maybe more authority should be given...,albeit it is a double edged sword.

Comment

Cop out really if Mahfood et al. were really into manufacturing, job creation and sustainable businesses then we wouldn't need to export cheap labour...nor would we need to be importing the junk from TT.

Comment

...and talk bs.

Comment

Does the politicians have anything to do with the CCJ. I can see some countries lining up to buy some influence on that court. Ah bwoy.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yep. Although it may also help his business too.

Comment

Working...
                                X