So True!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So True!

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

get over it, Shaw try a thing and lost. Holness have to step up or step out. There will be no more absolute leader in any of these parties again. 2700 to 2000 delegate is not a lot for the short time that Shaw announced his leadership.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You sound like you surprised. When donmanship culture has been a part of an organizations DNA for 70 years you don't exterminate it so easily.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        You sound like you surprised. When donmanship culture has been a part of an organizations DNA for 70 years you don't exterminate it so easily.
        Didn't he portray himself as 'transformational'?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          get over it, Shaw try a thing and lost. Holness have to step up or step out. There will be no more absolute leader in any of these parties again. 2700 to 2000 delegate is not a lot for the short time that Shaw announced his leadership.
          What? I didn't support Holness nor Shaw in the challenge. The fact is the antics of Holness after winning has done nothing more than cause a division. Does he think he can win an election all by himself?

I found it strange that a voters list was put together and Vaz's name was missing from the list. I found it strange that a jus before the elections, and one day after Robertson declared he was supporting Shaw, there was a problem with the nomination of both men.

You notice the termites quiet .... wait till election call, they won't have to campaign. Just press play and Andrew's own words and deeds will be used against him.

Comment

Lazie there were josling by both camps. To be fair, looking back it was kind of tame to what the leadership challenge could have been.

You have to realize that Holness also faced some badmindedness and some of them also refuse to work with him and run with every little thing to the media house. You don't expect these things in public but if you are a leader you want to make sure you are not undermined.

It will take time to heal. There was an article about Shaw suggesting socials and Holness asking Vaz to put it on. The healing going to take some time, While they have to work as a team, Holness see Tufton as his biggest threat and Tufton layed it into Andrew in the campaign.

Let us see how it work out, in the not so distant future and see if Andrew is a smart or not so smart man. As I said 700 votes is not a lot.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lazie there were josling by both camps. To be fair, looking back it was kind of tame to what the leadership challenge could have been.

You have to realize that Holness also faced some badmindedness and some of them also refuse to work with him and run with every little thing to the media house. You don't expect these things in public but if you are a leader you want to make sure you are not undermined.

It will take time to heal. There was an article about Shaw suggesting socials and Holness asking Vaz to put it on. The healing going to take some time, While they have to work as a team, Holness see Tufton as his biggest threat and Tufton layed it into Andrew in the campaign.

Let us see how it work out, in the not so distant future and see if Andrew is a smart or not so smart man. As I said 700 votes is not a lot.
              Tufton is a thinking person, driving out Tufton and promoting Derrick Smith and Pernel Charles is a flipping joke. Heard that Derrick Smith fell asleep while addressing the Parliament last week.

Comment

Well a so politics play. Tufton have to be able to be more than just a bright person. He live and died by his sword, about Holness "don't like bright people and that he will walk away". Not much more in Parliament for him to choose from, is there?

As we see thinking persons are not necessarily smart politicians. Depend on how Tufton take it. He could use the time to be on the ground in his division and area and get more support or he could sulk or walk. I just love politics and policies.

Comment

Well a so politics play. Tufton have to be able to be more than just a bright person. He live and died by his sword, about Holness "don't like bright people and that he will walk away". Not much more in Parliament for him to choose from, is there?

As we see thinking persons are not necessarily smart politicians. Depend on how Tufton take it. He could use the time to be on the ground in his division and area and get more support or he could sulk or walk. I just love politics and policies.

"don't like bright people .."

Look like Tufton was right. Babsy Grange, Warmington, Smith, Charles .... nuff said.

Comment

Yes, and he was also portrayed as a weak leader in a party known for leaders who rule with an iron fist.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

how about Ruel Reid. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Yes, and he was also portrayed as a weak leader in a party known for leaders who rule with an iron fist.
                        ... this doesn't change anything. He is coming across as an abusive father who wants to show his family who is incharge, but when it comes to dealing with others abusing his family, him turn spoongebob.

Comment

how about Ruel Reid. LOL.
                          .... after him look at the make up of the sleepy cabinet he had to do that.

Comment

All clovis a try wipe bruce from memory.

Comment

Well, there is an opportunity to challenge him every year. That's what democracy is about.

For now him is Man a Yaad in true labourite tradition.

Comment

Working...
                              X