X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From 2008 archive

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Assasin
    With She and Tess Chin reggae is in good hands mi brethren. If you listen the tunes clearly you see the amount of work that goes into it with back up vocals, clarity and tone etc.. Bigtime Artist brethren.
    I fully agree with you on this! Both Cherine Anderson and Tessanne Chin represent the very best in mainstream reggae and (in Tessanne's Case) reggae-fusion right now!! Tami Chyn (not sure why she spells her surname different from her sister) is also okay, and pretty too, but she hasn't created the inroads as Tessanne has done.

Cherine, though, is certainly my favourite Jamaican female singer at this point in time! She is a really talented singer and actress, and I'm glad that she is with Sly and Robbie, who I still consider the most important and certainly most respected record producers in Jamaica! "Kingston State of Mind," for example, was a serious social commentary that was also a gem. Cherine has everything: talent, looks, class, and intelligence!

One singer that showed some early promise was Kris Kelly, but I haven't heard much from her in recent times.

Can you tell me something about that dancehall associate of Beenie Man, Danielle? What is she doing now? Was her "Brown Girl in the Ring" a major success outside of Jamaica?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X