RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry, we cyaan phase out HEART .. not yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, we cyaan phase out HEART .. not yet!

"The Labour Force Survey reveals that 76% of the workforce does not have any formal skill training whatsoever! 72% has never passed a single subject, not even at CXC or JSC level! We are not ready! We are not going to be able to attract the job-creating investments we need unless we are able to provide qualified or trainable workers to fill those jobs.

In the short term, our training agencies, particularly HEART/NTA, will have to be repositioned to respond to the skills requirements of the types of investments we intend to attract. It will also have to devote more attention to skills upgrading at
    the workplace to improve the productivity and competitiveness of our existing
    corps of workers. But in the long term, we will have to address the deficiencies in the education system which continues to produce too many graduates barely able to read and write and who become a challenge even to train."

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Re: Sorry, we cyaan phase out HEART .. not yet!

"barely able to read and write and who become a challenge even to train" - so even HEART is overkill for many of them.

I say put the money into our primary and high schools.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Suh what about those that have already pass through those systems? Cyann just write dem off as irredeemable. Didn't the post say that the ills of the education system would be addressed?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

HEART will have to stick around for the many who need it, but this really shows that we must get serious about education NOW! Pretty soon, we might have to invent another system that prepares our high school graduates for HEART!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"we might have to invent another system that prepares our high school graduates for HEART!"

Lazie love a good laugh. Tell me a joke yuh a mek. I don't want to laugh at something serious.

"..but this really shows that we must get serious about education NOW"

Next week I'll provide excepts about the approach to fixing the education system. Lets hope people can put forward reasons as to why it isn't feasible. Then again, when thinking people talk, people must listen.

Comment

Working...
          X