X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl let me recap your memory

http://www.boj.org.jm/foreign_exchan...ical_rates.php

take out your Glasses
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

The doc you sent:
    First:
    Thanks.
    Good post!

Second:
    Exchange rate: Jan 1984 - U$1.00=JA$3.30

...and...

Dec. 1988 - U$1.00 - JA$5.50.

I hope you will agree that is a more than 12% depreciation over those years? (understated bad-bad )

Serious depreciation...bad-bad ting dat!!!

Sass: Your good doc. seh mi Shady Pines brains (memory) a hole hup good-good!

Respek, still...as there is no way anyone can say we are not in a bad-bad place!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

how would you compare that the 30%?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        30 better than 12? When the dollar finally hit the $100 mark a comrade friend on FB was adamant that the depreciation of the dollar is good for the Jamaican economy. I had to ask him if he said it with a straight face.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Karl the depreciation was mainly in 1984 and there wasn't much growth and instability. The other years didn't reflect this.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not understanding?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Karl the depreciation was mainly in 1984 and there wasn't much growth and instability. The other years didn't reflect this.
              Check the facts again.
              Remember that was a heck of a depreciation.

Comment

I hope you will agree that is a more than 12% depreciation over those years? (understated bad-bad )

if you would cry at 12% .... what would your reaction be if it was 30%?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yes it was. How could you plan for that????

How did you plan your labor cost and input cost, Machine depreciation etc, and was it correct at the end of the year?

Comment

if you would cry at 12% .... what would your reaction be if it was 30%?
                    Much was it during those years?
                    Mi cyan badda duh di compounding?

...but a straight (5.50 - 3.30) รท 3.30 = what % (more than 12%?...30%?...40%?...???)?

...but to answer your question, bawl harda!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X