Groupie Sues Sean Kingston for Rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Historian View Post
    ‘Sass, I love my forum friend MdmeX very much (we go way back to my early days in 2002 on the track and field forum next door), and Gamma is my very decent homeboy (and fellow parishioner). However, when it comes to rape, I generally take a very hard line, and I tend to give the victim the benefit of the doubt in the alleged crime until evidence points otherwise.

Of course I am not stupid, and I realize that many claims of rape (including possibly this one) are hoaxes -- character defaming lies with an ulterior, selfish motive in mind. For example, why did this lady wait so long before reporting her rape?

On the other hand, the crime of rape against a woman is, in my mind, second only to murder. This is why whenever a woman says “rape” I never jump to conclusions that she might be lying. I try and take as objective an approach as I can, at the same time bearing in mind the trauma (in many cases life-changing trauma) that she is most likely going through if her claim is true.

I probably came across unnecessarily harsh in my original reply in this thread, and this was not intentional.

Some kind of pun in that comment Ok, I am trivializing a serious issue ad discussion, but this is the kind of mood I'm in tonight. Call me disrespectful.
    Peter R

Comment

No, Not Disrespectful (lol)

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      Some kind of pun in that comment Ok, I am trivializing a serious issue ad discussion, but this is the kind of mood I'm in tonight. Call me disrespectful.
      You have me laughing this morning, Peter (lol)!

In the final analysis, a pun is funny, even if unintended. This one was not a deliberate wordplay on my part, but looking at it now, it sure is funny! You have sharp eyes.

Comment

Working...
      X