No announcement yet.

Obama is NO Dr. King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, they are uniquely different, one is a civil rights hero, while the other is a politician who has yet to fulfill his potential as an effective leader.
    Let history be the judge of how effective a leader he was when the time for judging comes.

The NSA's spying & warrantless wiretaps under the Patriot Act is an abuse of power, and is a throwback to the FBI's harassment of civil rights workers under J. Edgar Hoover.
    Those policies were in place before he took office. Funny how you decide to blame him for them. I guess he could have stopped them, but still, you make it sound as if he alone should shoulder the blame for those policies which is unfair on your part. I am going to assume you are either ignorant of the facts or you just intent on blaming Obama.

MLK spoke out & opposed the Vietnam war, and likewise today, he would have gone against the pending US involvement in Syria. I am on the fence on Syria, and when should the US get involved in a civil war? Bill Clinton chose to stick his head in the sand during the Rwanda civil war. 500,000 to 1,000,000 perished on Clinton's clock....
    Get off the damn fence Horti and take a position! I wonder if MLK would be content in sitting by and watch innocent men, women and children get gassed and die in their sleep? The way you put it, it is damn if Omaha does and damn
    If he doesn't. You put the man in a no win position while you cannot take a position on the matter. Your reference to Clinton sitting with his head buried in the sand while hundreds of thousands died underscores my point.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The blue or red pill?
      A man is the same man anywhere.

Comment

Reggae! Reggae! Russia Russia! Mi fly gal! Me fly Hal! Russia! Me naw from Russia my Gwaan like me love it, anyways Obama is cool. But hr is no dr king!

Comment

Ya mon. Lauranis the best

Comment

Sure, and a man perfectly suited to be a great civil rights leader of the 60s is probably not the kind of person who is going to be elected US president.

What you are saying is that if 35 year old MLK falls from the sky into the White House and is declared uncontested US president for 10 years then he could have done great things. Well, maybe so but so could Obama under those circumstances. Unfortunately he is president in the real world where you have to get elected and you have people who want to destroy you and all the other things that go with being US president.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yeah man.. I was waiting for input from the Quixotic section...

You did not disappoint !

lol ! woiee ! mi diaphram !

Comment

The criticism of Obama by some is that he has taken W's policies and gone steps further; the domestic spying and DOMESTIC DRONE HITS.

The "problem" is that many of us have become inured by the "fight against terror" mantra that it is hard to make the distinction now between what is a violation of our basic rights and genuine counter-terrorism acts. Truth is that is a tough one. When I left Colombia last year, I was one of five passengers selected for a full body x-ray. They asked if we were comfortable with that; I wasn't but one guy, a Colombian, objected loudly and vehemently to no avail. He still had to do it so I wonder why they asked us if we objected to begin with when we really didn't know what our rights were. I figured that the risk of the x-ray was worth conceivably not having to spend time as a guest of the Colombian government.

Is Obama on track to withdraw troops from Afghanistan?
                Peter R

Comment

This guy is not a fan of Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Trh8iwNt8
                  Peter R

Comment

Some of dem nuh get it, and support Obama unconditionally without any rational thought or reasoning. If him ask dem fi jump off a cliff, some would say, we have already jumped.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I am all for precision killing of individuals who are plotting strikes against America. However, if women & children are killed in the process, that is murder. Why are we so scared of calling a spade a spade? Is it because of???
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                        Yeah man.. I was waiting for input from the Quixotic section...

You did not disappoint !

lol ! woiee ! mi diaphram !
                        lol
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                          Bredrin, that is one of the funniest comments I have read on this site... as Don1 wouda se... woieeee mi upper respiratory tract!!!
                          "....noice!" (or suppen like that)
                          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                            The blue or red pill?
                            A man is the same man anywhere.
                            Nope...not when it comes to overwhelming power and the forces that control it

As a local politician Obama was mostly a social worker leftist type

As President he's required to be a Warlord and a Spy Master as his primary tasks.... wid likkle social werk pon di side
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                              Some of dem nuh get it, and support Obama unconditionally without any rational thought or reasoning. If him ask dem fi jump off a cliff, some would say, we have already jumped.
                              Mi fada uses this - Wooooooeeee! mi belly! Wooooeeeee!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                                If MLK had even desired to be president he would not have been the MLK we know. Hence it is somewhat paradoxical to say he would have been a great president.
                                Agreed!

...mmmm?
                                Wonder if the USA was attacked if MLK would respond (suggest a response) "Turn the other cheek"?

Obama is in a difficult position - on just about all things that a President has to do - but as to his stewardship, on balance thus far he is motoring on just fine!!!

...now if those damn Republicans just loved their constituents - not Obama, not the poor, not those without health insurance, not homeowners under threat of losing their homes, not our undocumented, not workers, not the ordinary people...just their constituents - we all would be in a much better place as they would agree to the multitude of requests Obama has made to alleviate and improve the lot of all the people! ...but then it is Obama who is President!
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X