No announcement yet.

50 YEARS - think about it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What MLK did was make a passionate argument that the US had not lived up to what they had promised that all their citizens were entitled to under the constitution. He was largely successful in changing hearts and minds on this issue and by so doing was able to usher in federal policies that should really have occurred after the US civil war and were 100 years overdue. He did not get the chance to really focus on economic issues specifically, he was dealing with basic civil rights.

Rockman your approach seems to be to wait around for another 100 years and hope for the best. We can do better. In fact we must if we hope to progress.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      What MLK did was make a passionate argument that the US had not lived up to what they had promised all their citizens in the constitution. He was largely successful in changing hearts and minds on this issue and by so doing was able to usher in federal policies that should really have occurred after the US civil war and were 100 years overdue.

Rockman your approach seems to be to wait around for another 100 years and hope for the best. We can do better. In fact we must if we hope to progress.
      I like the WE in your submission.

Hope you are doing well.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

What approach Islandmand?Exactly what??

Comment

Nothing was just handed to us,people had to fight..,and it goes without saying,there are things we can do better.
          I do agree with your post just confused as to why it is a response to mine.
          Marcus Garvey is a breath of frest air regarding our heroes.

Comment

ok boss
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Sb Islandman.

Comment

Being somewhat complacent about how much of the work left to be done is at the community level , much more than at the national policy level.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I know of a poster named X, and a think both a wi know an HL, but mi nuh memba nuh M. A who dat?

Get used to my name, HL!

(I almost said, say my name! That would not have been a good look!!)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I like this forum!

HL

Comment

Not too bad HL, cannot complain at all cause if I was living in the Southern US 50 years ago today I would probably be scared to death about being lynched just about now.

Imagine what was being said and done in GA and FL in the days and weeks following that historic march! KKK was mobilized into high gear, yet the people continued to organize and resist in spite of the baton licks , dog bites and fire hoses.

The hardest and most dangerous part of the work has already been done by those before us. Surely we can stop the constant complaining, get off our asses and do the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Not too bad HL, cannot complain at all cause if I was living in the Southern US 50 years ago today I would probably be scared to death about being lynched just about now.

Imagine what was being said and done in GA and FL in the days and weeks following that historic march! KKK was mobilized into high gear, yet the people continued to organize and resist in spite of the baton licks , dog bites and fire hoses.

The hardest and most dangerous part of the work has already been done by those before us. Surely we can stop the constant complaining, get off our asses and do the rest?
                        You read what the man said Rockman?

HL

Comment

Lawks,MLK time was, too ,an improvement to previous times,and lacking activism today is a slap in the face of the man that died for demanding equality.

Comment

Not so Islandman,and again..what exactly did
                            I say....?

I notice recently ites making poignant,astute posts but falling victim to eagerness;as clearly anywhere will do
                            Irie Islandman.

Comment

Working...
                            X