50 YEARS - think about it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 YEARS - think about it!

That was one of the more memorable placards I saw last weekend when I journeyed to Washington D.C .to participate in one of a series of events to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Dr King's Dream speech.

You'd think we'd have reached further in 50 years, nuh true?

Yes, America has come a long way but there is still more to be done. King and Garvey should be required learning for all Jamaicans as there are some issues that we ourselves are yet to overcome.

Make the dream a reality!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    That was one of the more memorable placards I saw last weekend when I journeyed to Washington D.C .to participate in one of a series of events to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Dr King's Dream speech.

You'd think we'd have reached further in 50 years, nuh true?

Yes, America has come a long way but there is still more to be done. King and Garvey should be required learning for all Jamaicans as there are some issues that we ourselves are yet to overcome.

...but there is still more to be done by. [by who/whom]
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Mixed bag. I think few who were beaten and jailed for sitting at a restaurant counter in the South would have expected a black president and attorney general within 50 years. Some of them actually lived to see that.

However economic progress has been frustratingly slow and that is what is required to fuel the rest of th journey.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

King in appealing for better awareness did state that the US(his Govt)is the greatest purveyor of violence in the World today(it remains this case on this day).
        That is the "who".

Comment

If that is the who you waiting on to get it done it will be another 500+ years, trust me pon dat.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            King in appealing for better awareness did state that the US(his Govt)is the greatest purveyor of violence in the World today(it remains this case on this day).
            That is the "who".
            ...and WE as Black peeeple? What's our role? Do you think WE have measured up and played our part in our own betterment?

Thanks in advance.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Wi nuh need dem man deh....wich white man yuh si guh Marcus ar MLK Biz School? Yuh ave self-esteem issues all now? Tek whe yuhself wid dem Miggle Passage Man deh

Lee Kwan Yew tuh di Universe!!!!!! wooooooiiieeee
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I did not interpret M.'s submission the way you did Don1.

(Well, unless you are just jestering)

HL

Comment

What scale are you using?Had the roles been reversed would white...have done better?
                  King thought outside the box,he made a correlation between people(of different race)elsewhere that were unfairly treated too.He saw it fit to demand better from the powers that be so we could have a chance.His demands have not been met hence..
                  The progress you made doesn't factor in your opinion of us?
                  Unemployment for us remains in the double digits,perspectives are still split along racial lines.

Comment

Answer the darn question. It is a SIMPLE one!!

Let's talk about US/WE.... Black people. if you can't then let's drop the tapik.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                      I did not interpret M.'s submission the way you did Don1.

(Well, unless you are just jestering)
                      No I'm not

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Pay attention,there is no way to judge seeing it is a unique experience and history.
                        We can always do better but are we really lacking?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                          That is the "who".
                          I comprehensively disagree. Serious people cannot put their trust in others to have them progress.... especially if the others have no self interest in that outcome. It is left to the individual person AND their own group dynamics to create that progress organically.

That is Garvey's economic independence/Black Nationalist message which Black people abandoned in the 1920s to follow the integration/supplicant NAACP model.

For all his greatness as a civil rights leader MLK was largely MIA on the MORE IMPORTANT issue of economic empowerment.

This is why Garvey is the leading figure in Black liberation & empowerment globally

Comment

I am paying attention to your last sentence ONLY:

Thanks.

(..getting an answer to match my question was like extracting a tooth without ko-kayne to raaSSS bwoy)

HL

Comment

Just "think about it".

Comment

Working...
                              X