Calling (Out) All Parrots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling (Out) All Parrots

... but this is just commonsense One Turd...evvybady know dat...wooooiiiiieee

First IMF test, the easiest, says Shaw.. aka Assasin

Published: Thursday August 22, 2013 |

Jovan Johnson, Gleaner Writer

The parliamentary Opposition says the lack of economic growth for five consecutive quarters should pose serious concerns for the Government, despite unofficial confirmation that Jamaica has passed its first test under its agreement with the International Monetary Fund.

The IMF signalled today that Jamaica has passed the first quarter test saying fiscal performance for the quarter as well as the last financial year outperformed projections despite declines in several key areas.

But Opposition spokesman on Finance, Audley Shaw claims that the first test is always the easiest to pass.

He argues that the Government is celebrating passing the IMF test in the midst of negative growth in Jamaica’s gross domestic product since March last year, and the unemployment level rising almost two percent to 16.3 percent.

According to Shaw, the Government needs to balance its austerity programme with the IMF and implement creative ideas to stimulate growth in the economy.

Shaw says many of the policies implemented during his time as finance minister such as reductions in transfer taxes and stamp duties and the abolition of double taxation on dividends have been reversed by the Portia Simpson Miller-led Administration due to IMF dictates.

He says the private sector is hesitant and nervous because of what he calls the uncertainty in areas such as impending tax reform implementation.

With the passing of the IMF test, Jamaica is on course to receive US$30 million from the Fund in September.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

common sense will tell you that. Ralston Hyman just say the same thing.

You had to make Shaw tell you that???? You reading too much science fiction.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So what is his point?
      ...surely not "it would have better if the first test was failed"?

Amazing that this same JLP has been preaching that the private sector drives economic growth...is now calling on the GOJ to be the driver of growth?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

He said stimulate growth, not driver of growth.

I agree though that its far better to pass an easy test than to fail it!

Comment

Karl where did you get all of that? I simply say the first was the easiest and your friend Don1 took it and run with it.

Where did you see me talking about we should fail? Karl I hope we pass them all but we have to realize there are real challenges to pass the upcoming tests.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh si One Turd statement and parrot dat

Ah nuh nutten doh....

Caw! Caw! Wooooiiiieee
            Last edited by Don1; August 23, 2013, 02:47 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

All fuss test easy, all gully bankin man like mi know dat deh. It nuh need nuh Lawyah, Doctor, Indian chief fi deduce dat. Oh mi fight di Engineer dem, even dem it easy fah, an fi dem tes ah some ah di hardest.

Comment

so what Shaw statement have to do with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  so what Shaw statement have to do with me?
                  Yuh ah parrot

Yuh cyaan read?

Comment

All fuss test easy? Fuss mi ah ear dat

Mi did tink practice mek perfeck

Comment

The first IMF test is here. Cabinet seems cocksure; business smug and comfy. Which MP had meetings to brief his electors? The first test is easy. The second IMF test will be the first real test. We have been belt-tightening, so when will "bitter medicine" begin? l was more involved in World Champs than in our IMF deal. If Portia says "we need 50 points by the next test"; if Roger says "we will cut rice imports by 25%, but Trelawny yam will take the place to give us 10 IMF points"; if Omar says "this fare rise will remove 'x' liquidity and get us 3 IMF points," or if Portia says "buy 30% less chicken back and use local rabbit and lamb for 15 points" would you hoard chicken back? Why can't Cabinet break it down for us? What sacrifice would you make to get us out of debt?

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...#ixzz2cpuYGYi4

Man can't live by Rocket Science alone.

Comment

Me fail me fuss driving test, and the second one too! Lol.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                          Me fail me fuss driving test, and the second one too! Lol.
                          Yuhseeit: )

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

The first IMF test is here. Cabinet seems cocksure; business smug and comfy. Which MP had meetings to brief his electors? The first test is easy. The second IMF test will be the first real test. We have been belt-tightening, so when will "bitter medicine" begin? l was more involved in World Champs than in our IMF deal. If Portia says "we need 50 points by the next test"; if Roger says "we will cut rice imports by 25%, but Trelawny yam will take the place to give us 10 IMF points"; if Omar says "this fare rise will remove 'x' liquidity and get us 3 IMF points," or if Portia says "buy 30% less chicken back and use local rabbit and lamb for 15 points" would you hoard chicken back? Why can't Cabinet break it down for us? What sacrifice would you make to get us out of debt?

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/colum...#ixzz2cpuYGYi4

Man can't live by Rocket Science alone.
                            Who bizniz wid dem fooliniss

Mi juss seh yuh a parrot

Comment

Working...
                            X