Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen Ifrica not backing down a bit

Must admit .. I like it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5nL7PZIIx4
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

She can say anything on stage, just be aware "dem" soon lock off UK, Holland, Germany etc.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
      She can say anything on stage, just be aware "dem" soon lock off UK, Holland, Germany etc.
      Why should she be persecuted for this? As she said, you (dem) have a right, she have a right to. If she or anyone else disagree with the lifestyle, why should they be silenced as long as they're not promoting violence?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I agree she should not be punished and we have traveled down this path many times. "Dem" soon petition the Obama Admin fi cancel her visa....just watch the runnings.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

People need to stand up. The woman is not preaching violence against gay and people have to realize that is different than advocating violence.

This same stance against gays are preached in most churches on a regular basis. No different.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The just revoked her Canadian work permit...and kicked her off Reggaefest in Canada...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              The just revoked her Canadian work permit...and kicked her off Reggaefest in Canada...
              Well that is focked up. Unless I am missing something she didn't promote violence against them, she simply expressed her disagreement.

Comment

She is "homophobic"...that is the new threshold...

Comment

I saw the work permit cancellation coming....like mi sey, UK & USA visa soon get sheg. Artists can say whatever they want to, but when you depend on others fi $$$, dem haffi be willing to accept the consequences.

Comment

Yeah Bricky you're right. The Gays and Lesbians in Toronto pressured the government. Wasn't reggaefest though it was an allday thing called Rastafest.
                    The problem is that the artists don't have someone to properly articulate their views. the irony is that what she said is actually the view of the conservative government.

Comment

Well, a bit different....the difference is that being able to work in a foreign country is a privilege not a right. If the country doesn't like your views they can decide you are not welcome there. Doesn't have to be about violence.

So for example if some preacher from the US preaches that black people cannot go to heaven because they are cursed, he has a right to say that. However he would not have the right to come to Jamaica and preach that. . The government can decide that we do not want you here, end of story.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

At what stage is it discrimination though? There has to be some form of free speech or what seems like it. I can understand people boycotting her but I don't think she is any polarizing figure. All she did was say one statement which amount to she didn't support the gay movement and everybody having her as homophobic???

It can't be right. So if we don't support it, we have the right to be banned or keep shut??? I don't support violence against Homosexual but it is not a behavior I condone or like and there is a lot of people like that. The gay movement going overboard.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I wouldn't consider what she said to be discrimination. But again, someone saying black people are cursed by God because the Bible says so is not discrimination either. Its an opinion which I happen to find offensive.

Another example, if an entertainer records a song that says "All Bajan women are whores" that is not discrimination. But do you think that person should have the right to go to Barbados and sing that?

My view is that it is up to the citizens to decide if they want you as a visitor in their country. If the country determines that your views are offensive to their citizens they have the right to say you are not welcome there. So it is really up to people of Canada or wherever else to make a stand if they believe they have public opinion on their side on this issue.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Free speech does not apply in this case. The other day a black ESPN analyst made a derogatory comment about RGIII and his wife. He was subsequently fired from his job. Persons are only covered by free speech if they work for a public agency. Queen Ifrica can say whatever she wants, however a promoter, and the Canadian authorities can drop her in a heartbeat if they believe her comments are offensive. They are under no obligation to book her.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                              Well that is focked up. Unless I am missing something she didn't promote violence against them, she simply expressed her disagreement.
                              Seems you did not read Islandman's post with the examples he cited in both. End of story.
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X