Mosiah, what is your

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosiah, what is your

position on (GG) .. Good Governance? Mi know that term might cause some confusion fi some.

Our commitment to good governance

In going forward, an area on which we place special emphasis is on the quality of governance. Last year, I outlined a series of measures to give more depth and meaning to our democratic process.

I mention just a few:

• Fixed election date to level that important playing field;
    • Term limits for the Prime Minister to encourage periodic renewal of political leadership;
    • Significant reforms to our parliamentary practices to give greater voice to the people who send us here;
    • Measures designed to enable MPs to more effectively represent their constituencies including the allocation of 2 ½% of the budget, equally divided among the constituencies, to address the basic needs of their constituencies;
    • Opposition chairmanship of parliamentary committees to ensure more effective oversight;
    • Impeachment provisions to remove from office public officials who betray public trust.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Re: Mosiah, what is your

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    position on (GG) .. Good Governance? Mi know that term might cause some confusion fi some.

Our commitment to good governance

In going forward, an area on which we place special emphasis is on the quality of governance. Last year, I outlined a series of measures to give more depth and meaning to our democratic process.

I mention just a few:

• Fixed election date to level that important playing field;
    • Term limits for the Prime Minister to encourage periodic renewal of political leadership;
    • Significant reforms to our parliamentary practices to give greater voice to the people who send us here;
    • Measures designed to enable MPs to more effectively represent their constituencies including the allocation of 2 ½% of the budget, equally divided among the constituencies, to address the basic needs of their constituencies;
    • Opposition chairmanship of parliamentary committees to ensure more effective oversight;
    • Impeachment provisions to remove from office public officials who betray public trust.
    Lazie I know this was not directed at me but with the exception of # 5 I agree with everthing you said there and this is probably the best Political post ever on this site.

BTW I cant agree on #5 because you have to incent and allow the winning party to put there agenda out there after all that's why you want to win an election.

Other than that everything u said is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
      Lazie I know this was not directed at me but with the exception of # 5 I agree with everthing you said there and this is probably the best Political post ever on this site.

BTW I cant agree on #5 because you have to incent and allow the winning party to put there agenda out there after all that's why you want to win an election.

Other than that everything u said is spot on.
      Well well ... Lazie not in the plagarism business Scaly. Suh mek mi stop yuh right there. I would have left it hanging for a while but the truth is, that post was taken from Bruce Golding's Budget Presentation last week.

DUH ... don't throw up Scaly ... councillors will be provided. As mi say, people with ideas exist in Jamaica, the masses only ignoring them because dem shirt green.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well well ... Lazie not in the plagarism business Scaly. Suh mek mi stop yuh right there. I would have left it hanging for a while but the truth is, that post was taken from Bruce Golding's Budget Presentation last week.

DUH ... don't throw up Scaly ... councillors will be provided. As mi say, people with ideas exist in Jamaica, the masses only ignoring them because dem shirt green.
        But that's been my point all along that the JLP needs to find a better way of reaching the people, first there was the Seaga problem with no one believing in him now u have a situation where no one even hears what the party says, is not the people it's the source of the noise u either need to turn it up or change the sound quality

Comment

You mean with all the malaise, the people not proactively seeking out alternatives?

Comment

A popular ite once asked, "Opposition? Who listens to them?" They have been talking and putting forward ideas, the problem is Jamaicans only believe in defending dem party. Imagine proposals were put forward in Parliament and the immediate response was its not possible.

There was the Seaga problem? What problem was that? He had no charisma? Because he and other members of the JLP were continuously at odds? Lets look at the other side Scaly. The PNP has been united and look where it got us? When Portia didn't vote on an important issue, look how she was treated by her comrades? Anyone memba how she was chastised by the senior comrade round here?

Sorry Scaly, the talk bout not hearing from the JLP, no viable alternative etc are just comical reasons to keep these idiots in power. How the hell mi live yahso and know what a gwaan?

Comment

Boxhill had a great manifesto too.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Boxhill had a great manifesto too.
                I guess once again you're in an uncomfortable position. Must admit I'm surprised. I was expecting the regular garrison escape line. I wonder if Portia had said the same thing if you'd have responded the same?

Comment

A popular ite once asked, "Opposition? Who listens to them?" They have been talking and putting forward ideas, the problem is Jamaicans only believe in defending dem party. Imagine proposals were put forward in Parliament and the immediate response was its not possible.

There was the Seaga problem? What problem was that? He had no charisma? Because he and other members of the JLP were continuously at odds? Lets look at the other side Scaly. The PNP has been united and look where it got us? When Portia didn't vote on an important issue, look how she was treated by her comrades? Anyone memba how she was chastised by the senior comrade round here?

Sorry Scaly, the talk bout not hearing from the JLP, no viable alternative etc are just comical reasons to keep these idiots in power. How the hell mi live yahso and know what a gwaan?
                  Last post, turning off the site, taping the game and dont want to see the score.

First u have to be united as a party to win over the people and an election, If your leader is at odds with his own people then the people will be at odds with u and u party, the reason the PNP keeps winning and will win again is because the people still cant hear....sorry the JLP still is yet to convince the people that they are a better alternative.

I said it b4 and I'll say it again

The definition of insanity is when u keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results each time.

Comment

"The definition of insanity is when u keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results each time."

Augghh Insanity. Fully agree. PJ and alot of yuh comrades called it Progress! Suh why after this misgovernment has wreaked our economy, people still waan do the same thing? Sorry ... as yuh say, insanity. I believe you. Yuh ever see Jawge and Karl posts yet?

I got news for you, what the demon achieved in 8 years is yet to be equaled by a gov't of almost 2 decades. Suh mek excuse bout united. Blame the opposition all yuh want, the fact is they've always put forward their ideas, the problem is people refer to themselves as "Comrades" instead of Jamaicans and continue ...(whats that word you used) insanity.

Comment

Then Jamaica is mad.

Comment

Tek Time wid dem...

Comment

The JLP suffered from the formation of the NDM... simply. Bruce has recognized the effects and apparantly seeking to rectify.. The JLP is a clear alternative as seen by the ground recovered in 2002 and the sweep of the Local Govt Elections.. there has never been an Election with the Opposition with as many seats as they currently have.. so you can stop the "JLP not perceived as an alternative' argument.. the burden is back on you, sorry...

Comment

If all you got from the presentation was a good manifesto, then you need to work on your assesment skills.. Bruce Golding is so far ahead of the PNP Posers it is not even funny..

Comment

Working...
                            X