Don't understand what the 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't understand what the 1000

questions are about regarding Bruce Golding presentation.

PNP promised 6% Growth in 1996.. 11 years later.. 2.5% on par with Haiti.. promise made on a critical requirement for Jamaica to move forward.. complete failure on delivery.. OUT YOU GO.. and is long overdue.. If you announce a North Coast Highway in 1996 a critical component of your growth in Tourism Plan...and 11 years later EU is claming they are not happy with progress on the THIRD LEG !!.. I putting you UNDER the JAIL. not trying to figure out if I should give you another chance.. dat is for genetically connected and die-hard trough dwellers..

Bruce Golding makes certain promises that sound great and mek sense.. well the only way to determine if he can deliver is to put him in a position to deliver...

It is crystal clear to me.. I know is only bout 3 good school in Jamaica but my goodness.. how unnuh head suh tough ???

Re: Don't understand what the 1000

Isnt it possible to agree with the need for a change in government and also examine the proposals of the new government to be? Why do I get the impression that you feel any critique of the JLP proposals undermines their political chances. The record of the government is what it is. That and that alone speaks to a change requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
      The record of the government is what it is. That and that alone speaks to a change requirement.
      One hundred percent correct!

The big internal tussle to me is; How do we go about effecting that change?

Not convinced - said it over and over - that merely throwing out the PNP as a party and inserting the JLP as party is going to make any significant change.

The attitude of the people is the problem! Who...what number of persons really have hands on 'the control'?

Will we suddenly get Willi's hard working, sensible, selfless set of persons at the controls? Somehow I doubt it!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
        Isnt it possible to agree with the need for a change in government and also examine the proposals of the new government to be? Why do I get the impression that you feel any critique of the JLP proposals undermines their political chances. The record of the government is what it is. That and that alone speaks to a change requirement.
        There is nothing wrong with objectively evaluating what is proposed. Even I have questioned certain issues. However, to simply say it nuh possible nuh mek no sense. When the religious leaders put forward their argument, how many are willing to question what they are putting forward? As Willi say, people seem to hold the opposition to a higher standard, but Willi nuh see say its because of the colour shirt they wear.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Stop yuh foolishness KArl. Explain how after the PNP was removed in 1980 how the country progressed? You people simply willing fi sacrifice unuhself fi the cause boy!
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Chris Burns said that most of the profit
            generated in Ja by its local corporations aren't divested in the economy but instead used to purchase luxury items abroad (mansions, cars, boats etc). On the other hand other economies are investing profits in human capital and expanding business bases. We must ask why the above is happening in Ja? Is it deliberate or the local private industry lack modern business savvy?

Comment

I was not aware that there was agreement with the need for a change in Government.. even if there is does change in government mean JLP Government or simply recycling the failed system ?

Can we take a poll ? I would hate to be arguing a moot point.

Comment

Ronnie Thwaites made reference to the transfer of resources to the rich that your gov't has been doing for years. Look at it and tell us how it impacted positively or negatively on our economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  One hundred percent correct!

The big internal tussle to me is; How do we go about effecting that change?

Not convinced - said it over and over - that merely throwing out the PNP as a party and inserting the JLP as party is going to make any significant change.

The attitude of the people is the problem! Who...what number of persons really have hands on 'the control'?

Will we suddenly get Willi's hard working, sensible, selfless set of persons at the controls? Somehow I doubt it!
                  Well it seemed to work in the 80's.. or did you forget what the PNP left us with in 1980 and what difference occurred by 1989...

As for you being convinced.. on this topic I would refer you to the leading the Horse to water adage.. you have made it manifestly clear that no rational treatment can convince you.. rather one try and convert a radical muslim to Christianity.. do not pretend flexibility on this matter Karl.. spare us..

Comment

Is the 1st me ever see people attack a growth projection so. Is like people resigned to squalor.

Rather than dismissing them, it is my contentin that they are not ambitious enough!!!

We have a long way to go to catch up. For too long we have been skylarking.

With all the assets we have we shoulda shame.

Comment

the problem is the PNP has ran out of ideas and playing defense bigtime.

What more can Omar, Portia, Paulwell, Phillips and crew promise?

Last time them jump and promise free education cause Seaga did it but that credibility is totally gone so it is hard for many to accept tha only the JLP can promise anything of substance.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        Is the 1st me ever see people attack a growth projection so. Is like people resigned to squalor.

Rather than dismissing them, it is my contentin that they are not ambitious enough!!!

We have a long way to go to catch up. For too long we have been skylarking.

With all the assets we have we shoulda shame.
                        I give up trying to understand the malaise regarding the JLP.. maybe it is some ideological ting or somebody corn get mash in the 80's when harsh decisions had to be made to recover from the 70's... whatever it is, I am constantly amazed.. educated people embarassing themselves acting like programmed robots.. I don't even think they realize just how ridiculous their arguments and questions are..

Comment

Working...
                        X