"What is wrong with us? What

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What is wrong with us? What

is it that they have that we don't have?" (Bruce Golding during his budget presentation). Him really nuh see it? Jamaicans currently a question Bruce's credibility, while more important things deh fi look pon.

As far as I see it, all politicians have credibility issues ...what unthinking people fi start duh is review the dismal performance under these pretenders.

Between 1997 and 2006 the Total Economic Growth of Caricom counties are;

Antigua - 58.%
    Bahamas - 35%
    Barbados - 28.6%
    Belize - 76.6%
    Dominica - 15.4%
    Grenada - 52%
    Guyana - 9.5%
    Haiti - 8.5%
    Jamaica - 9.6%
    St. Kitts - 44.4%
    St. Lucia - 33.4%
    St. Vincent - 39.4%
    T&T - 118.8%
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Re: "What is wrong with us? What

good post Lazie.

I wonder what role Omar and the PNP have in this Karl?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      good post Lazie.

I wonder what role Omar and the PNP have in this Karl?
      My question is: What role the ordinary people of each of those countries have in each of their country's achievements?

I am thinking that those countries would have still made considerable progress...some even greater that they achieved with others at 'the wheel'. I am thinking the attitude of each country's people...significant? Is it, that their Finance Ministers each product of the 'unique attitude'...outlook of each one's individual country...along with the people got them the worked for growth? I think so!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, a talk to yuh about dis arready. Try nuh blame mi fi di mess that we are in. Mi nuh have nutten fi d duh wid it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No Karl.. sorry to bust your bubble but you are NOT thinking..

The activity you engaged in is called defending the indefensible.. do not confuse that will real THINKING..

When Jamaica is clipping at 6% growth THEN you can start to dream about tweaking the system to make sure every man, woman and child benefits in the optimum manner in a utopia like manner..

"The Dutch welfare state had become the most extensive social security system in the world by the early eighties. But the welfare state came into crisis when spending rose due to dramatic high unemployment rates and poor economic growth. The early eighties saw unemployment rise to over 11% and the budget deficit rose to 10.7% of the National Income. The centre-right and centre-left coalitions of CDA-VVD and CDA-PvdA reformed the Dutch welfare state to bring the budget deficit under control and to create jobs. The motto of the coalition was accordingly 'jobs, jobs, jobs'. Social benefits were reduced, taxes lowered and businesses deregulated. Gradually the economy recovered and the budget deficit and unemployment were reduced considerably."

Yuh waan guh heaven but yuh nuh waan dead...

Comment

What Jamaica need to do is find out what the other countries are doing that we aren't and make some changes but there a big disconnect with what the government is doing and what we should be achieving.

Let me ask, If we had 20% growth under the PNP and Omar Davis who would get the credit? We would hear how they are genius, the point is if they are good as many of us think then what is stopping the growth that the other islands have achieved? The are not very different from Jamaica and we don't have to look far.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X