• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do students go to high school?

http://educatejamaica.org/index.php/...erachieving/73

Home > News > 72% Leaving School Underachieving

72% Leaving School Underachieving

Aug 12, 2013

72% of secondary school leavers are leaving school underachieving and this is a worrying statistic.
    A number of traditional high schools are among the schools who are failing to help pupils achieve.
    See our two tables below:

http://educatejamaica.org/index.php/...erachieving/73
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Could be worse.. they could live in Singapore and be really suffering..

Comment

Congrats Campion! #1 is the list! The two Wolmer's schools are in the top 10. How many Boys schools are in the top 10?
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

It is what it is..

Comment

Well I am sure they dominate the Top Sports schools list.

Old Boys haffe be able fe beat dem chest at Manning/D'Cup games and Champs or whats the point?
          Last edited by Islandman; August 13, 2013, 05:20 PM.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Get to the important results.. who win the Robot and Pilot competition ?

Comment

Foolish list this. My school prepare you for the real world....we shell out the lyricists like Baby Cham and World Boss. Shottas me seh!!!!
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

ascording to karl, they go to school for the football!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The Why?!

To access guidance on path to development of full potential. ...some term it pathway to become "well rounded individual".

Failing in any area by a school does not help the process!!! The administrators (managers and teachers) in any school should provide excellent learning environment in each and every discipline. Our 'educators' are not being paid to provide sub-standard instructions and guidance at any level and in every discipline! ...PERIOD!!!

When our teachers start putting greatest of sensible effort into achieving excellence across the board then they will have started, for the first time at last, on the path to creation of the type schools our people deserve (country deserves).
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

This is such sad freaking news,hopefully St.GC is #21 on the top list.I agree with the general sentiments of your post,we need to hire teachers with the same degree of scrutiny we give to transferees that just happen to be good athletes.
                    I was wondering who we have in our six forms but remembered only a small percentage of graduates can enroll.
                    Nevertheless,we are certainly lacking where it matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                      This is such sad freaking news,hopefully St.GC is #21
                      nope, according to Cliff here, http://www.nationwideradiojm.com/listenlive.html MONA HIGH is ranked way ahead of Calabar, Georges and JC

Comment

STOP rubbing salt into my wounds,I am already hurting.

Comment

listen the program for the next 80 minutes

Comment

will do that,thanks.

Comment

A few additional thoughts:

Lists such as these serve a useful purpose but obviously does not tell the whole story. The demographics of he school population, the academic level of the students who enter first form among other things are important factors in determining if a school is performing adequately.

The much larger problem is the bottom 20 or more likely bottom 50 schools. Those pass rates are , to put it mildly, a disaster.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X