Her version mek more sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her version mek more sense

<'I explained to her the bags came in different sizes and materials, like I always do.
    'She looked at a frame behind me. Far above there was the 35,000 Swiss franc crocodile leather bag.
    'I simply told her that it was like the one I held in my hand, only much more expensive, and that I could show her similar bags.
    'It is absolutely not true that I declined to show her the bag on racist grounds. I even asked her if she wanted to look at the bag.

'She looked around the store again but didn't say anything else. Then she went with her companion to the lower floor. My colleague saw them to the door. They were not even in the store for five minutes.'
    She emphatically denied ever saying to Winfrey: 'You don't want to see this bag. It is too expensive. You cannot afford it.'

The saleslady went on: 'This is not true. This is absurd. I would never say something like that to a customer. Really never. Good manners and politeness are the Alpha and the Omega in this business.>

It sound absurd to me tuh...

The bags she showed Oprah were not identical to the bag in question.Why didn't she show that bag when the customer asked about it?There is no reconciling both versions,she speaks of a glancing enquiry yet Oprah stated she asked three times
    to no avail.
    Also,the fact that Oprah left the store soon thereafter is consistent with someone that feels aggrieved.
    If she is guilty of what is alleged,then any statements from her would be damage control.
    It is made of the same material like the one I am holding is an excuse not to show that bag.Offering to show it does not explain the reluctance to show it from the get go.
    Last edited by Rockman; August 12, 2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Not even that. I'm giving him time to figure what the sales clerk said that was wrong. She "walked" the customer.. She would be fired on the spot if it was the electronic chain where I worked.

Had it been me Oprah would have walked out with two bags. The one for 38k and another for 70k. Damn amateurs can't be believe they have these people in high end stores.

Rocky mi soon come back fi ansa below.

Comment

let assume the clerk is being truthful,a customer looking at something is a green light for any worthy clerk.The bag is expensive hence the reluctance to show it to just about anyone.The customer is always right and and the owner has to see it as a missed opportunity.

Comment

Oprah version makes no sense.

It would be VERY unusual for a Clerk to take as hard line approach as Oprah is intimating.. especially in a high-end establishment in a place like Zurich where the customer you are dealing with could own the country that owns the company that owns the store.

I am quite sure that wealthy black people in Zurich is not an alien species..

Comment

This would hold if the only objective of the sales clerk is how much money they can rip you off for.. as opposed to real customer service..

Comment

Electronics chain...apples to oranges

Comment

Agree Rockman. Missed opportunity by an enterprising, engaging salesperson, this was a case of laziness, mixed with salesperson logical deductions. Look at what she said, it was on a frame behind her and way above the frame, so it was a calculated decision to not make the effort based on a sense of the customer and the customers interest. Oprah could easily have said, take it down, I want to look at it, easily, this is much ado about nada!

Comment

Oprah had a compnion yet she was shadowed to the door by the colleagues of the clerk.Is this customary or did something happen that would explain that oddity?
                  Her statement raises questions,but it makes more sense to you.

Comment

Exactly Stonigut.

Comment

Again,sometimes I think you say things just to....

Comment

Bricktop,there is a possibilty the clerk had no prior sales experience before this job.Her job application would be more attractive if she had previously been a salesperson at an electronic store.Besides,apples and oranges are both fruits and sold by tthe dozen

Comment

Is not the Radio Shack weh Jawge work dem went into enuh...di place have likkle class...you see people to the door...

Comment

Wow,its only claim to class

Comment

Yuh haff time.

Comment

Working...
                              X