RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historian, this one's for you (Part Deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian, this one's for you (Part Deux)

(The forum can take a slice too).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55s3T...Dem&nomobile=1
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Awesome Production!!

Originally posted by HL View Post
    HL, I don’t always get a chance to properly check out videos immediately, hence my late reply. But let me state straight off that this production is unbelievably beautiful !!

The video is indeed very creative! In fact, I wish I could know the details of its production. Everything is in sync as each person interprets “Redemption Song” in his/her own way! In addition to the obvious high level of research and creativity involved, it shows the immense universal appeal of Bob Marley. How many songwriters have had their material admired and reproduced by such a wide cross section of the planet’s people?

My goodness, musicians, singers and dancers from seven countries – Japan, the Congo, Italy, Jamaica, India, Cape Verde, and Spain – were featured interpreting this one song! And it flowed, thanks to a number of reasons, including the very tasteful drumming of Jamaica’s Courtney “Bam” Diedrick and the slide guitar played by Roberto Luti from Italy (and the other musicians as well).

The insertion of the master himself performing his own song live adds to the immense creativity behind this production.

The way I see it, Bob Marley is the only genuine Third World music superstar. Some may correct my view here and say he was the “first” but not the only. To this I would simply ask the question, who else from the Third World has impacted the planet as much with their recordings?

The Nigerian musician and composer Fela Kuti, whose funeral in 1997 was attended by over a million people, could probably be looked at to some extent as a Third World superstar, but he is leagues below Marley in terms of global popularity and impact.

Thanks for posting this very interesting, very beautiful video, boss!

Comment

Hard to separate that these post are coming from ganja persecutors born out of wanton fear and belief that Bob legacy boil down to the point of being usurped by Bolt.

Colonial schizophrenia I call it , embrace the work by the individual but not the person humaneness. to the point of advocating legal state sanctioned brutality.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Imagine hearing the 'Legend' album version of this song on a system retailing for $250K!

Unreal or rather too real!

Comment

Imagine the biggest jewish ganja dealer being converted to rastafarinism on long island.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Imagine the biggest jewish ganja dealer being converted to rastafarinism on long island.
            X, I hope you are preparing yourself to benefit (especially economically) from the impending legalization of the weed.

One should persue their passion.

I need not try to relate to you the many applications of his plant. I hope that being a mere advocate is not what you have planned long term.

HL

Comment

Advocay is good , some of the greatest leaders in this world have been strong advocates.

Pretty sure you know this, as you are an advocate for keeping in place the institutions that brutalise poor jamaicans because of your fear of wantoness!

As someone in the health field it is one of the oaths we take to advocate for our patients rights,pretty sure you have heard of that also.

If the oppourtunity arises , maybe I might role my dice , after all I am also a business man.

Comment

X, You are already involved...so be prepared to take advantage of the OPPORTUNITIES:

I see one white guy (in NY State) getting ready to make weed cigarettes to supply to the medical industry....

HL

Comment

Working...
                X