Why I changed my mind on weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S/b "think".
    Obtw HL,when I first read X's post,I thought it was repetitive,even so, missing to you was the pith.

Comment

When yuh dealing with those who lack commonsense , repetitive is necessary.

Jamaica could benefit from medicinal ganja

Published: Friday | August 9, 2013 1 Comment

CHANG

THE URUGUAYAN model of marijuana legalisation is one for Jamaica to emulate, according to Paul Chang, chairman of the Ganja Law Reform Coalition (GLRC).Chang told The Gleaner that Uruguay's draft bill, which legalises the drug, could be a guide for Jamaica's legislators, with medicinal cannabis being the primary route through which tax revenue can be generated.
      "We have a vibrant tourist market, a large part of which comes here to consume cannabis, and we would have to draft our reform legislation to allow licensed medical cannabis patients with permits issued by their home jurisdictions a method to legally access and consume their medicine in Jamaica," explained Chang, who argued that the resulting windfall tax revenues for the Government of Jamaica would lead to a renaissance in Jamaica's agriculture.
      According to Chang, Jamaican politicians have invested too much political capital in 'the war on drugs' to change their stances publicly, but privately, they are discussing the adaptations necessary to traverse the changing landscape around global ganja legalisation, suggesting "there will be a patchwork of different federal, regional (state) and local/municipal laws on cannabis, as there is today on alcohol and tobacco".
      Providing some solutions to the implementation of a legal framework in Jamaica, Chang suggested that photo-ID permits could be issued at the airports by the Jamaican Government for a fee to both legally licensed medical cannabis patients, and also for recreational use, based on the length of time they will be on ]island.
      Existing markets
      Chang said these markets already exist, and that legislation would take them out of the clutches of the black market.
      "In 2013, over 90 per cent of Americans polled in favour of legal medical cannabis, and in May 2013, for the first time since United States national polling on the issue started, the majority of Americans polled in favour of total legalisation of cannabis for recreational use," said the GLRC chairman, in support of the global shift towards a softening of the legal stance on ganja.
      Chang cited a lack of leadership among the political classes, the churches, the media, and bureaucrats on the issue that has maintained the status quo.
      Last edited by Sir X; August 9, 2013, 08:20 AM.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v... legalize(decriminalize)

diversify and boost tourism for recreational and medical use check out video

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Thought X would have posted on this already...

By Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN Chief Medical Correspondent
          updated 8:44 PM EDT, Thu August 8, 2013

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: I've tried marijuana

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
          • Dr. Sanjay Gupta says we have been "systematically misled" on marijuana
          • DEA lists marijuana as a schedule 1 substance with "high potential for abuse"
          • Most recent research on marijuana has been on its negative effects, Gupta says
          • Studies on marijuana require approval from National Institute on Drug Abuse
          Watch Dr. Sanjay Gupta's groundbreaking documentary "WEED" at 8 p.m. ET August 11 on CNN.
          (CNN) -- Over the last year, I have been working on a new documentary called "Weed." The title "Weed" may sound cavalier, but the content is not.
          I traveled around the world to interview medical leaders, experts, growers and patients. I spoke candidly to them, asking tough questions. What I found was stunning.

Long before I began this project, I had steadily reviewed the scientific literature on medical marijuana from the United States and thought it was fairly unimpressive. Reading these papers five years ago, it was hard to make a case for medicinal marijuana. I even wrote about this in a TIME magazine article, back in 2009, titled "Why I would Vote No on Pot."

Full Article. . .
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

He did yesterday Tilla.

You can always depend of weed-X to keep us current on this topic.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

How has the reverence of Blue Mountain coffee helped us in any significant way ?

Comment

They allow weed smoking in the Supreme Court..

What you need to try and imagine is the wantonness if certain elements were NOT smoking weed !!

Comment

You need to catch up.. Smoking is now illegal in public areas..

Comment

And you of your concern of the wantoness in Jamaica if it were legalised.

Cant refute the science no more can you, now you draw the fear and ignorance card ,typical with ingrained colonial schizophrenia.

It knows no barriers in race ,class or creed.

Comment

Working...
                    X