• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juliet talks health, fitness and sex

<LI class=home>

Juliet talks health, fitness and sex

Published: Monday | August 5, 2013 0 Comments

Juliet and son Troy Ferguson.

Flynn spends six days a week in the gym helping men and women achieve a body like hers.

Flynn spends six days a week in the gym helping men and women achieve a body like hers.

Olympian and fitness instructor Juliet and husband LeVaughn Flynn after their wedding ceremony at the Round Hill Hotel and Villas in Hanover recently. - Contributed Photos

Janet Silvera, Senior Gleaner Writer WESTERN BUREAU:

She is 49, but has the body of a 30-year-old, a husband 14 years her junior and the sex drive of a woman half her age.

And more important, Olympian Juliet Cuthbert, now Flynn, who credits exercise and healthy living for her undeniable sexy physique, will tell you, her mind is as sharp as the rest of her body.

Flynn spends six days a week in her gym, Cuthbert's Fitness Studio, located at 13 West King's House Road, helping men and women attain a lean sculptured body just like hers.

Two months after exchanging vows with her beau of eight years, Diageo's Levaughn Flynn, the five-time Olympian, has returned to her original weight of 130 lbs, but says for her wedding day she weighed in at 125 lbs.

It comes as no big surprise that Flynn, who ran the 100 and 200 metres during her days on the track, would want to share her good fortunes with others.
    Speaking openly about the effect exercise has had on her libido, Flynn says exercise does wonders for her sex life. "When I work out I get an adrenaline rush, and what ends up happening is it increases my sex drive. The more I work out is the more sensuous I get."

The two-time Olympian silver medallist says one of the things that excite a man is a woman with a firm athletic body, something that working out gives.

The fitness guru points out that a lot of times, injuries can be remedied and avoided by working out. She gives the example of someone with knee problems which can be remedied by the strengthening of the muscles, the tendons, ligaments; but more important, staying fit and in shape, she says will make you feel better, "walking up the stairs and excersing while in certain positions in bed" also helps.

She reveals that a lot of the women she trains are 30 years old and older. "This has helped them tremendously. They feel sexier, have far more self-confidence, because their bodies aren't loose and flabby." Flynn explains that as the body ages, it loses elasticity.

Another very important aspect of maintaining a healthy lifestyle is nutrition. She explains that increased protein intake helps with weight training that reduces the appearance of cellulite. She explains, further, that it is very important to maintain a diet that includes chicken, steak, fish, nuts such as almonds, and plants, incorporated with low glycemic-indexed food, "For instance, sweet potatoes as opposed to white rice, are better than starchy processed foods."

She explains that when white rice is broken down, it immediately turns into sugar, and if not utilised by exercising, will be stored as fat. She advises exercising three to four days per week, and this can be incorporated with a spin class, yoga or aerobics.

Flynn operates a tightly knit duplex facility, with six instructors, and a host of loyal followers. She runs a lean yoga boot camp, with weights and cardio machines and accommodates the Jamaica Netball Team every Saturday morning as part of her corporate social responsibility.

She also assists some former Calabar students who use the gym. One of them, she said, has made the team selected to run at the IAAF World Championships in Russia later this month.

"Working out should be a lifestyle," she stated, adding that after track and field, she decided this was the next best thing to do.

Her marriage to a younger man
    Not even slightly worried about the age difference between her and her husband, she describes their relationship as one that is built on a solid foundation.

After eight years together, her husband, who is a romantic and nature lover, took her to the place where they had their first date - Holywell in the Blue and John Crow Mountains - for a picnic, where he proposed.

"Both of us are nature lovers. I fall in love with Jamaica all over again every time I go to Holywell. This time around, he said let's take a walk, and while we walked, he stopped, bent on his knees and proposed."

That was on February 4, and by June, the two were tying the knot in an intimate ceremony at the fabulous Round Hill Hotel and Villas in Hanover.
    "I didn't waste any time," Flynn quipped.

She said she fell in love with him four times before they even started dating. "I met Levaughn four times and didn't remember it was him each time," she admits. Their first encounter was at the Asylum nightclub, where she said it was his smile that attracted her to him. "I went over to him and chatted him up, and that was it."

The second time, she saw him at a press conference at the Altamont Court Hotel. "I remember everything he wore that day," she said.

The third time was like magic, "I met him at cricket on the mound, and we struck up a conversation, but I didn't remember him again."

The fourth time was the charm. They met at the RJR Sportsman and Sportswoman Award, where Flynn approached her and told her how much he liked her dress.

"He said to me. Everytime I introduce myself you forget who I am." She recalls her response, "How could I forget such a handsome face."

After that fourth meeting, they exchanged numbers and the rest is history.
    Cutherbert's 24-year-old son, Troy Ferguson, gave her away on her wedding day to the man she plans to spend the rest of her life with.

janet.silvera@gleanerjm.com
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Dis his a boasy (self-assured, confident...knows where she is going...etc., etc.) lady!
    More power to her and her gentleman!
    Long life and great happiness!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Nice article, thanks for sharing!
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I am really happy for Juliet. I have known her practically all my life and my father played a big part in her early development as an athlete and as a girl growing up without a father figure.

I was proud of her accomplishments on the track, and just as proud of how she has come through and triumphed over the challenges she has faced in life. Love her boot camp, I usually go when I am in Kingston.

Yes this is one confident woman! Always has been.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Congrats to her.

Hussie better be singing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UvgruPgwqo
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LOL true.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

are she a go sing
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7vhMwgIVMM

LOL. some fun inna the morning.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Didn't know (or remember) that Sophia had a version of this song.

Comment

Working...
                X