• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As last request, murderer asks electorate vote for Michael

As last request, murderer asks electorate to vote for Michael Manley

Crimes that Rocked the Nation

Sunday, August 04, 2013

IN October 1971, Rupert Anderson, 37, a labourer of Dean Pen near Highgate in St Mary, was on his way to the gallows at the St Catherine District Prison in Spanish Town, St Catherine, when he made a most unusual request.

Anderson had been convicted in the Port Antonio Circuit Court for the vicious machete slaying of Huie Foster, a gas station attendant employed at a gas station in Port Maria. The slaying took place on either the night of December 23 or 24, 1968, and Anderson had asked of his spiritual guide on death row, the Rev Fr Joseph Kempel of St Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, Spanish Town, to read to him Psalms 18 and 91.

1/1

Following the Bible reading, Anderson took a note from his pocket which he gave to the reverend gentleman, requesting him to have it published. It read: "I am asking the people of Jamaica to vote for Michael Manley in the General Election because I am dying 'a Comrade'." Then Anderson walked calmly...

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2b0Qo7ea3
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

True patriot?

Comment

In retrospect.. no...

Comment

Fr Jurich was the priest in Span Town back then, as well as Fr Feeney.

Comment

I guess YOU would say that's how he got his revenge on the system?!
          Peter R

Comment

Working...
          X