No announcement yet.

White Jamaican Reggae or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like yu corn get mash. Yu are the #1 CRITIC of dancehall and how it's no good and all of a sudden its good?...no need to unleash your vitriol at me...furthermore, your purchasing preferences hold no interest to me...gwaan spin yu spin....

Comment

Thank you Mosiah! As usual, very perceptive to hypocritical posts.

Comment

Not a clarification but mere spin out the bs he spewed earlier.

Comment

Let's break this down a bit.

Wonderful, Youth! - what exactly is wonderful? Remember you don't like it.

wonderful

Use Wonderful in a sentence
          won·der·ful

[wuhn-der-fuhl] Show IPA
          adjective 1.excellent; great; marvelous: We all had a wonderful weekend.
          2.of a sort that causes or arouses wonder; amazing; astonishing: The storm was wonderful to behold.

Origin:
          before 1100; Middle English; Old English wundorful (see wonder, -ful); cognate with German wundervoll

Related forms won·der·ful·ly, adverb
          won·der·ful·ness, noun
          un·won·der·ful, adjective
          un·won·der·ful·ly, adverb

Synonyms
          1. awesome, wondrous, miraculous, prodigious, astonishing, amazing, astounding, phenomenal, unique, curious, strange.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Time
          https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=409675049149408

More power to this white youth!

More "POWER to this white youth'?
          What exactly you mean by this????

His style reflects (at least to me) a combination of different Jamaican deejays. For example, when he starts with his opening lines, one could swear that he’s a disciple of U-Roy.
          How could you DISCERN he could be a disciple of U-Roy uch less SWEAR????
          Hell, at one point he even sounds like Shinehead and even Tony Rebel (remember that Queen Latifah record?)!

Personally, I have absolutely no problem with this youth in the same way that I have absolutely no problem with the Jewish kid Matisyahu or the German artist Gentleman or the gangsta rapper Snoop when they turn to reggae and dancehall. We can either on the hand take a myopic approach like what Bunny Wailer did towards Snoop (causing unnecessary conflict) or else we can celebrate the further exposure of our homegrown genre.

In the final analysis, Brand Jamaica benefits from the expanded audience and market.

Respect, youth, for your positive approach and adaptation to Jamaican culture!

Now when you come on with your hyperbole and its questioned you get jumpy.
          THERE was nothing WONDERFUL, GREAT, POWERFUL or SPECIAL about this.
          What exactly is your grouse with the Wailers???? You seem to always have something negative to say about them.

Comment

The statement “youth a road corner who can’t get a bligh” refers to the hundreds of Jamaican youth who could do the same or better SO there is nothing special about this guy. I wasn't asking you to find wuk for them. How did you get there???

Comment

Is not so much the dancehall, is the patois. Anyway, it is more likely than not that it is the old school dancehall and reggae, ska etc that they are likely to copy

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

no necessarily. Snow did modern dancehall, I just posted a white youth doing Shaggy "it wasn't me"(Mosiah might tell me is not reggae). Dominic did all the dancehall in Ja.That Jewish reggae singer have his Capeton and Sizzla moment too.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Prove That You Are A Real Man!!

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                  Like yu corn get mash. Yu are the #1 CRITIC of dancehall and how it's no good and all of a sudden its good?...no need to unleash your vitriol at me...furthermore, your purchasing preferences hold no interest to me...gwaan spin yu spin....
                  Let’s make a deal. I will keep my end of the bargain and I sincerely hope you keep yours.

Here is the deal: Do NOT ever comment on any of my posts ever again! Ever!! In my case, I promise you that I will never read ANYTHING posted by you, so naturally I won’t be able to comment on anything you state. This will be easy for me to do since I rarely ever agree with anything you have posted here over the years.

So, I promise you that I will keep my end of the bargain. Are you man enough to keep yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    Let’s make a deal. I will keep my end of the bargain and I sincerely hope you keep yours.

Here is the deal: Do NOT ever comment on any of my posts ever again! Ever!! In my case, I promise you that I will never read ANYTHING posted by you, so naturally I won’t be able to comment on anything you state. This will be easy for me to do since I rarely ever agree with anything you have posted here over the years.

So, I promise you that I will keep my end of the bargain. Are you man enough to keep yours?

LoL.. mi spleen!!!
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Not making any deal with you!!!! That's a totally idiotic self-centred and facetious response.
                      Thanks for your confession, it holds no real meaning to me.
                      As for proving I'm a 'real man', you could never judge that, but I won't disrespect you or your family.
                      Historian stop being so infantile....totally unnecessary.

Comment

Here's what YOU could do to be a better "real man". Go talk to a professional about your overblown ego and thin skin. Damn renk!

Comment

Wait..how dis miss mi !!

Damn work !

Comment

No they had Canadian links. Rock group. One of them was blond.

Comment

I nominate this for the 2013 Forum Thread of the year !

Who need reality TV when u have the reggaeboyzsc.com forum!
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X